Peter Digital rocks!

I just came back from a party where Peter Digital spun here in LA, i just wanna say he rocks!!! To all those of you who have a chance to see him, do it, you won't be disappointed.

anyway, thanks Peter from Alex

Guest snoosnoo

yeah dude,

I was there and it fucking rocked. What a great dj! He's up there with the best of them. Lots of respect, even if he threw in a Micheal Jackson song at the end; I guess it was part of trip and I love a dj with a sense of humor.

"Please, describe his set. He's playing in NY soon, wanna see if its worth it."

good

:)

really though, its worth it

anyone know what that so called "house" song was? "happiness/lonliness" w/ femal vox?

I liked it, fuck you m :)

Guest snoosnoo

Hels,

hehe I found his "happiness/loneliness" track cool way later towards the end when I realised what it was he was trying to do with it. It was indeed a wake up call for anyone not on the dancefloor, but it was also meant to make you open your mind to a different sound. And why not when you think about it. It went with the music pretty well.

cubensis and Alek,

If you miss his show, you will miss out on something very cool. Peter played long sets both times I've seen him. He doesn't get into full on at all, just progressive. You really have to be patient with his set because it's like an artist painting a portrait for you. He gets deeper and deeper, from groovy to dark and every now and then he'll throw in a random track to confuse you (he played a little Depeche Mode and Micheal Jackson this past weekend). If you don't have a sense of humor, you'll become judgemental. Still, his set reaches its climax towards the end, and the climax is long and relentless. And what was cool both times I've seen him is he's able to get everybody dancing and smiling in the morning even if your body or mind is exhausted. It's sort of like he pulls you into the groove and you find yourself dancing, whether consciously or unconsciously... Other than that, his dj skills are perfect. I honestly can't think of another dj who is so smooth, even though the sound might be very twisted. If you're impressed by djs like Anti, or Dimitri or Youth, you will love this guy (I personally prefer to hear Peter's style)... With that said, GO! Just keep an open mind and don't expect too much all at once, be patient and he'll deliver eventually.

Hope that helps.

I don't think he's like Dimitri or Youth at all, those guys are much more full on. Anti is a better comparison or Emok or Mapusa or Mahasuka. If you ever have been to Hamburg, you know what sound to expect.

Anyway, he builds very nice long progressive sets and he throws in a couple of surprises here and then.

It never gets boring, but DONT expect any GMS or any of their copy cats.

sounds great. although i'm not a fan of progressive i'll definitely check him out at the liquid&solid festival this summer. thanks for the info

Guest Setsuko

indeed .. I felt very euphoric after hearing him play in Belgium a year ago ... the crowd went insane ... everybody smiling and dancing ... very hypnotising and catchy tunes ...

his mixing skills are top notch ... smooth progressive psytrance . to get you into the real trance state of the mind , while you keep on pushing your body to the limits your mind gest hypnotised and tranced-out ...

... that party still is printed in my memories ...

Guest aje

Setsuko, i understand, but I dont think youth is very talented as a DJ, hes an amazing producer, but his mixing skills and track selection are lacking, at least when i saw him.

He's not a real DJ, he just DJ's cause he has the name from his productions and because he kinda started psytrance off with Dragonfly.

Anyway, Dimitri rocks, no doubt about it, even though I dont really dig his full-on style.

Guest dj Mike

fuck man. i went to some dumb ass party at the Qtopia in la that same night. it was called just a tase. it was techno/house, and dnb... i wanted to go to the liquid grin party but my friend said otherwise. it was his b-day he wanted to go to the Qtopia... it was allright... stupid candy kids and shit. the drum and bass was pretty sweet. but im sad i missed peter didjital... :0( feel sorry for me... lol

Guest Setsuko

... no no aje .. I was talkin' about Peter Didjital ofcourse ;-) ... I never saw Youth spinning at parties in Belgium or abroad ...

Guest labyrinth

Digital Structures rocks! These guys know what they are doing. Had the pleasure of seeing Son Kite live in Zurich a month or so ago. Incredible!!! Crystal clear sound, nice progression, you know how they sound. NOS 's art work is unreal. They also did a live set as Minilogue, heard the MJ remix, that shit is nice. Hey guys, how's the scene in LA? Are people digging the progressive sound?

Guest aje

Very true Snoosnoo, very true.

Here in LA people arent too much into the progressive sound, however, when a good DJ like Peter comes along, people appreciate it anyway.

Guest snoonoo

aje,

btw, rumor has it Absolum is next. I'm not head over heels about his sound, but I do enjoy it and I will not miss it for the world.... Going to Mindshare this weekend? It looks very cool, but I hope the weather holds up. It's supposed to thunder of all things, so that will be really trippy as long as there's no rain to go along with it...

labyrinth,

as aje said, minimal/progressive almost doesn't exist in LA. Too bad. I really wish people would pay more attention to it, like they do in Europe. Perhaps one day, they will invite an artist like Shiva Chandra or Igneus Sauria, but chances are LA will remain full on.... Damn it! If I were only given a chance to spin....