infected in london last saturday

Guest chris

hi there,

if anybody interested i want to give a short report about the astral phoenix party with infected mushroom in london last weekend:

we showed up early cause we awaited a very crowded place, which was finally more than true. Security was friendly getting in at 10.15 took only 5 minutes.

The first dj set from 10 to 1 was quite boring (I forgot who played), nothing special, so I was really looking forward to see psysex performing live. I was never a friend of their music but I wanted to give them a chance in hearing them live. What do I have to say, I was disappointed. I mean their music is really pschedelic and maybe perfect for an open air morning trance set, but at night in a club they have not enough power. buuuut these are just my two cents, I'm sure there are enough guys out there who will disagree.

The following dj set, I think it was from goblin, was better, but still way too much breaks and no flow (imho).

infected did a really good job with a very melodic "live" performance, although it was with 60 minutes way too short for the main act. But I really enjoyed their music and I'm looking forward to get their new album in my hands.

Sidenote: I would like to ask why is a set like this is called "live performance"? I mean in having one or two synth on the stage playing some lead melodies on them and letting do the rest by a prepared machine, is that live performing? They have vocals, guitars and other traditional instruments in their tracks and everything came from tape or anything else. I know it would cost a big effort to try to play the most instruments or melodies live, but hey the audience is paying a lot of money to see their heroes. (btw. the same thing can be said about psysex). Anyway it was a good performance and the value was o.k. for the money :-)

the following dj set's where really good as well, great pumping psychedelic trance, for me a little bit too late. I felt already very tired and had no power anymore for dancing.

other comments: the location was imho way too much crowded, as I was sober that night, it was really difficult to enjoy the venue and the really nice atmosphere. you couldn't go or sit anywhere without having 10 people on your feets. on the other side the crowd was amazing. friendly, enthousiastic I would say perfect.

At the end I don't know whether it was worth to go there, but hey maybe it was just me that night whoi was not in the best mood ;-)

i think, that infected mushroom are too old for this stuff anymore!

we are in 2003 and psysex "rocked" the place!!! the money was too much for the whole thing!

in general cool venue, not such a good party

Live performance is a joke in the dance music scene :P

I'd almost rather go for just a DJ set...

Names to me mean that is the style I'm gonna hear...

Wizzy is playin in 2 weeks...I expect to hear some Wizzy tracks; I like Wizzy, I'm goin

:)

I don't care if it's live...I want live I'll go to a jazz show or something :)

And I do! Jazz is fun :)

Guest chris

@hels

"Live performance is a joke in the dance music scene"

yes i know that. 90% of psy producers are using cubase or any other sequencer in combination with soft synths. so they will never be able to perform really live (except in using ableton :-)

but with infected imho things are different. they are more musicans in a traditional way than just producers. so they could perform live if they want to. it is just a question of effort. it seems they get enough money out of their so called live sessions than doing the real thing.

chris

Guest chris

@psyfi

yes, and you have also dsl from the good old telekom, right :-)

btw: warum fragst du das? weil hier so wenig aus diesem lande unterwegs sind?

chris

Guest FLACK!!!!

Just wanted to say that Etnoscope is a real live act.... they are playing with real drums like Djembe, Darabuka, Udos....synthetic toms....

their act is funky tribal progressive trance.... and it´s not very common nowadays.... They rocks... watch out for Etnoscope....

infected is jummi for my tingeling brain cells....

"COOL Man"

peace

Guest lunar

there are some bands that play live...Total Eclipse played live..etnica when they were 4 people played live all the melodies and Max behind the mixing... nowdays etnica adds melodies on the traks..

Son Kite, Tegma, Ticon do kind of live...they have a multitrack recorder so they can re-make the arrangement of the track...and let me tell you since i am music myself it's very hard to play trance live....but i think people should add melodies, FX or whatever...