The free Son Kite download almost bankrupt us

Hi Everybody!

The free dowmload of "Son Kite live" that have been avaliable on www.sonkite.com have been very appriciated and over 1000 downloaded the file during less than one month.

We're very happy about this and hope that you had a good time listen to it. We've now taken away the download since our web hosting company sent us an invoice on 10 000 USD due to the extreme traffic (we were just allowed to have 3GB/month and we had 125 GB in february). We've talked to the web hosting company and they will probably be able to lower the invoice to 1000 USD since we weren't aware about the extra cost. Please cross your fingers because otherwise ......

Anyway we're very happy about the sucess of the download and we hope that all of you that like our music will by our next album;) and of course also visit the parties where we're playing!

If anyone have the possiblity to host the downloading of the Son Kite live we would be really happy and of course put it up again.

Take care and have a great weekend!

Guest daksinamurti

otherwise think about making a digital structures benefit party,no entrance only donations.i would love to support labels in that kind of way and i believe so do many others.it also will show people how breakable your scene is if you dont support it

Guest mindbender

I'm sorry to hear that too... I hope you get it sorted.

Anyway, I appreciate a lot what you were doing there. Too bad the link just remained in my favourites and that I didn't listen to that live. But in the end it means that you probably saved some money.

Good luck and I seriously hope you can sort it out.

Lauri

Guest Setsuko

man I really enjoyed the live-set ... the meaning behind it becomes controverse with that extra costs you have to pay ... makes me sad too :-(

I hope many of your future projects and dreams will become reality cause MPDQX must be the label project I respect the most ... keep up the good work .

and to all the people reading this ...

SUPPORT THE UNDERGROUND !!!! if you are able to get acces to the internet , you're able to buy music too (or you should be a drugaddict , if so => get a life) ...

WOW, that SUCKS!!!

$10,000? That's insane. I hope you can figure it out, otherwise i'm sure we could find some donations, i'd be more than happy to donate a little bit if it saves your label.

Anyway, take care, Aje

Guest Mike D

hehe, sorry to here that Seb. Thanks for the studio tips, have gone and made some purchases and you reccomendations helped alot :-) I wasn't a huge fan of music 'til that live set, and I have gone and gottet your entire catologue, so hopefully many others will follow suit and the cash in flow will let the great beats flow back :-)

Hope to see you guys down here in Australia sometime soon, I knwo many psy and non psy people who have heard my collection andc are desperate to see you at a gig.

Cheers,

Mike Dwyer :-)

ps the guys who run the web hosting aren;t money mongrels, it was a misunderstanding as so often happend in business and they are obviously trying to be helpful. Good luck for both sides :-)

Guest krize

if you knew you had a transfer limit that low (only 3gb a month) you should have hosted the file on another server (the mp3 was over 100mb) ..

well , done is done, but think about next time :)))

Hope youll sort it out with the company, 1000USD was really much though :((

Guest spacemonkey

that's some fucked up shit!

bitterly ironic though.

the scene is dying from people only downloading, you try to give people something for free and then some monster corpiration tries to squeeze you out.

fucked up world we life in.

IMPORTANT!!!

We got the new invoice from the webhosting company and it ended up with 1200 USD. So we're not bankrupt ... just without money for a while.

Notice that this have nothing to do with the economy of MPDQX Label Group since these are two different companies.

You don't need to worry about future releases on DIGITAL strucutres and other labels under our umbrella.

I've got some emails from people that are willing to host the download so hopefully the free download will be up again soon.

Take care!

/Seb

Guest Chris

almost 100 $ for one gigabyte would have been way way too much money and the most expensive price I've ever heard.

So 10 bucks/giga you are paying now is just a normal price but not that cheap. anyway it seems that they realized that they should not rip you off :-)

Good luck and thank you for this nice goodie you gave us last month.

Chris

Yea some nice hosting company...

"hey this site seems to be using tons of bandwidth..."

"should we tell them?"

"yea...at the end of the month...muahah!!!"

That gets into my "better not see me in a dark alleyway" category

hehe :)

Good luck son kite, too bad about the bill! if you come to so. cali I'll buy you a beer at your show :)

Guest krize

yeah complain about it !!!! Most companies send out a warning, or stops the hosting before they charge anything !!! (did you have a contract saying you had to pay that much pr. extra gb ??)