The Secret Of The Crystal Skulls Part 2

??? wasnt that supposed to be a more ambient orientated compilation like the first part? i just gave a quick listen to the samples and its just some more full on tracks of the kind thats nice but so common that im not motivated enough to order the cd... and the shpongle track sounds like a dissapointment, the start of the saikosounds sample is something like gypsy kings only a bit worse quitar line and some synthy rhythm on the background..

i hate to be negative about this release, but my first impression was pretty bad... anyway i hope i am mistaken!

Guest Onyxura

Can't listen to the samples now, I'm at work. hope it will be a nice one, but TIP hasn't excactly showered us with greatness lately. asterix, alien project ang 1200 mics on the same comp could get boring, all that's missing is GMS. But then again, I haven't heard the samples. Maybe mr.Ram onceagain is able to pull a rabbit out of the hat =)

hope so!

-T

Guest Hallucinogenious

havent heard the samples ... not YaFoC (Yet another Full on Compilation)

offcourse GMS are in.. 1200 Mics have GMS insided them.

GMS (as psyreviews said) they are a virus.

It's kind of disappointing... good stuff but it doesn't really follow fro the first. The eat static track is sublime, and shpongle's new one is class, but everything in between is decidedly run of the mill

Don't know about you guys, but I think the Astrix, Talamasca, 1200 Mics, Shpongle tracks sounds kool. But they shouldn't call this The Secret Of The Crystal Skulls Part 2, since it doesn't have the spirit of the first album.

very dissapointed with this one....the first one is the best compilation I ever heard...this one is good but it's just a normal full on compilation and it shouldn't be since the first one isn't....it seems I'll be turning more and more to the progressive scene

Guest fluoro funkster

After having a listen to some of the samples, I'm not really sure what to think. The Eat Static and Shpongle songs are great tracks by the sounds of it, but it's really hard to tell with such short samples (only the first 2.5 minutes). The cyberbabas song sounds promising -- their track on the last crystal skulls comp still gives me shivers so here's hoping.

What's with the track labelling? Did anyone else assume they would be labelled as a continuation of the previous comp? (or is that just a saikosounds thing?)

Guest Hallucinogenious

at tip's site they havent yet update so there is no tracklist and cover art ...

we all know that 13 crystal skulls is a story and maybe the continue of the story is a more energetic so its gonna be more full on ... Maybe the first cd was a introduction (sort of) into the worlf of 13skulls ....

i dont know if you understood what i wanted to tell. We'll see when we get the cd.

Guest fluoro funkster

I guess I was just hoping for more of the intro :) One of my favorite all-time comps will be hard to follow... can't wait for February!

Guest PsikOtriP

And wasn't the second one suppsed to be a continuation of the first one so I thought maybe like it ended one the sixth revelation... was hoping it would be seventh eight and so on... not a big problem but still I thought they would have put a bit more thought into it

And FUCKING REALPLAYER!!! is there another program that can read it?

Guest CrunchCandy

The 1200 mics track sounds great, but what's with the Alien Project track, it's exactly the same one as the one on electronic high 3 (LSD)... I hope that the Shpongle track will develop into something more Simonesque...

It is called the "secret" of the crystal skulls rather than the "mystery" so maybe it's not sposed to be a part 2... still very indicative of recent tip output... big mac anyone

Yeah TIP needs to revamp itself (again). The reliance on GMS and Alien Project is losing steam fast. But it sounds like it will be a good comp none the less.

Guest skullf**K

i just hope they leave off using the spoken word samples -i think that they sounded out of place even the first listen,let alone repeated times.