Psytrance Dying in America?

Guest Master_Kush

Well I have not visited this site since the summer. I have had other things on my mind..... to keep up with the community happenings.

Just today I decided to visit the Synthetic Sadhus website. Girlfriend and I made the 700km trip last winter from Ottawa (capital of Canada for those not too bright in geography) to NYC to see one of their parties and I was truly blown away. On the same note I was dissapointed to find that there was a little too much dancing room and more e-tards than I am use to ;).

Anyway I was shocked to find o their website that they have ceased to exist and psytrance for that matter in the big apple (read it here www.synthetic-sadhus.com). A letter written by someone pissed on how things ended and as well directed at lower life forms that paraded in the limelight as pseudo-talented psytrance producers.

Evidently psytrance is not a popular form of music listening, way of life, and all that jazz, but it can not even sustain a viable healthy scene in one of the biggest, socialable, thribing cities in the world??!!. I had a memorable experience in helping host a gathering this past summer with Chris Organic and some smashing jam bands with the same result. Low attendance, interest resulted in a loss of money and loss of drive to do it again. Well atleast using the old formula. But we managed to gain a broad audience, from kids to the elderly.

Definitely the scene here in Canada is easily brushed off as being "weird" "hippy" and other garbage. It barely survives, and what I mean by that is for people to actually live off. And in America, it is even worse off.

....avid listener and participant...

Guest jonathan

I wouldn't jump to conclusions so fast.

One promoter is gone. thats it. There are 2 or 3 others in New York. Just because one organizer is gone doesn't mean the trance scene in the whole country is dying.

Peace.

dead heh?

ok thursday night we have xenomorph, digital talk, full colors all acid dance artist and two great local Dj playing from 5-10 pm and its dead you need to come to san francisco and we are worst off? Dont generalize.

Wont even go into the outdoor summer parties

Guest slave2rave

Well, the american society hasn't got a solid culture in electronic music, since that it's a little more hard to mantain and make a e-music style grow. It requires some time to make it happen, and it's like an oscilloscope wave. It has its ups and downs. Perhaps nowadays it's a down phase...

At leat this is my reading of the american e-music scene.

Maybe i'm totally wrong. At least i tried.

;)

Guest mike hock

Mayan, this thursday night?? we just had digital talk and full color on NYE, and its space tribe this Sat rite?? let me know if there is acidance happening tonight :)

Guest Master_Kush

Dont go to outdoor parties? How unfortunate, those are the best ones IMO.

I am not saying it is completely dead, just wanted to start a discussion on what is happening across the continent.

yea last night its friday night tonight ..... it was an awesome night people were dancing pretty hard knowing the place closed at 10 pm

I wont even go into the outdoor parties. I just described a small even on thursday night at look at the line up now can you imagine the out door parties do you see what I meant

Meaning they are amazing!!!!!!!!!

Guest implant

I don't know much about America......but I think that people are too much TV influenced....and like we all know there is nothing else ON, but Britney and such shit...

Guest jonathan

no you know EVERYTHING about America.

Its 150 channels of Britney Spears, 24/7

wherever you go.

and people say that Americans are ignorant.....

Guest jonathan

you are obviously an idiot so I will just say that psy-trance is underground music and its not played on TV anywhere in the world. *except for maybe Israel.

Guest implant

I won't be using the language you obviously prefer...........i'm just going to tell you that you're wrong......trance is played on some TV stations in my country.........and it can often be heard on various radio stations.......and it's very oftenly used as opening theme on many TV shows......it will never be something like mainstream here (mission impossible) but you can hear it on television from time to time.....

btw....my country is Serbia

Guest implant

I won't be using the language you obviously prefer...........i'm just going to tell you that you're wrong......trance is played on some TV stations in my country.........and it can often be heard on various radio stations.......and it's very oftenly used as opening theme on many TV shows......it will never be something like mainstream here (mission impossible) but you can hear it on television from time to time.....

Guest implant

Guest implant

Guest implant

Guest implant