Planum: spying imagination

Thanks nervgaz for posting about this.

Okay I am one of the people who really liked his debut. It was interesting and creative... very musical and orchestral, sometimes emotive.

A handful of parts involving solid musical combinations and build-ups I couldn't see coming and that is another reason I enjoyed the debut. The tracks developed, often into something better. There was a memorable or two climax sound explosion. But some tracks weren't so good. The debut was far from a great album but the artist had some great ideas and work sprinkled throughout. And so I bought it and actually found it more original than Sundances other more popular Nystagmus release.

I had wondered if Planum was producing a follow-up earlier in the year.

Based on samples...

- The follow-up sounds interesting and very musical too. Those who liked the debut should enjoy this. The opening song starts out like a ballet, so soft and pretty. The listener has no idea what's coming. I like the outro too. It's like a fairytale tune playing along then *whoosh* right into a psy, more energetic and involved version it goes. And the development has just begun.

- He's going to turn off many hardcore psyrance listeners with stuff like track 4, "Living On My Own feat Freddy Mercury." Initially I liked the meloncholy and even the arguably cheesy voice work but eventually when a second less altered voice appeard, I found it extremely irritating. The track completely fell apart for me. I can't get into psytrance with singing unless it's a beautiful female voice to carry the track as Talpa so successfully did in his "The Moon" song on the "Art of Being Non" album. My advice to artists who include voice work outside of brief voice samples is don't do it unless it's excellent and compliments you. At least this is one track out of 10.

I hope Planum has some great dance songs on here loaded with energy, melodies, and creativity. I'd like to know this is a step up from his previous album in the overall production (but that's expected), more so in the ingenuity, creativity, buildup, sound/melody structure, development, and combinbinations. Oh and excellent driving, storming, musical rhythms. Intensity. This is something that is awesome when done well. See Infected Mushrooms first three albums for non-stop details. Not to copy them but get inspired with what I feel Planum could definitely use more of (stronger driving rhythms, aggression, intensity) and stengthening these elements in his creative way.

Tracks I most like based on samples so far: 1, 2, 7, 10.

Parts of tracks 5, 6 , 8, and 9 sound cool too.