Sound issue

ok another stupid question. but it just drive me crazy...

ok for production I use a external usb m-audio sound card with BX5 monitors..

I do my thing and sounds great and clean.... I export it to wav or mp3 from Cubase...

and I listen to it on my internal sound card the SB audidy with a 5.1 speaker thing with subwoofer that is what most people have.. and sounds like crap... and no way I am going to role any track like that to nobody...

so here is my question... what I am doing wrong? why the sound changes so much betweend sound cards and speakers...

is just odd that under monitors and my m-audio sound card sounds ok and clean..

Any help?

Thanks

Your issue not related to the sound cards here, the problem is in the sound mixing and mastering. You should make it sound well in any sound system - that's where you bx5's come for help. Also check what lacks in your mix on the 5.1 system and other systems you got, it will help you to know what you should work on. Good luck.

ND

Thanks, ya all this is with out mixing and mastering.. sometimes I just move it to mp3 so I can take it to work and get more ideas, when I forgot about the song I put it on see if I like it or not.. :-)

I was playing with winamp EQ and byt lowering the 60 to half and the 170 to below the line and also lowering the 310 it sounds much better.. I may need to EQ it on Cubase before I export it?

Cheers and thanks

Your issue not related to the sound cards here, the problem is in the sound mixing and mastering. You should make it sound well in any sound system - that's where you bx5's come for help. Also check what lacks in your mix on the 5.1 system and other systems you got, it will help you to know what you should work on. Good luck.

ND

309374[/snapback]

Put an EQ @ the Master FX. Or see what can cause the following problem, maybe too much lows cause of the kick or bass so oyu can EQ\Gain them too.

All the best,

ND.