need feed back / suggestions

Hi, i'm rather new here, i've been browsing around and people seem to be very helpful and not so flamey, anyway, i'm also new at making music. I started taking a class into to electronic music, and it was awesome, so I've taken my project for that class and started working on it at home. I've been using reason 2.5 for everything, and i was looking at live for sequencing, that has rewire in it right? so i don't have to spend too much money in the long run... anyway:

The song i'm working on right now is more or less just a sketch of some medolic ideas that just popped in my head, in no particular order, the mix needs to be fixed badly, and I'm working on that right now, but since i only have software and a crappy Keystation for my controller, i'm pretty limited.

So my questions are:

What can I do to improve the overall sound of this song

What programs should I look into investing in for Sequencing (Mac Os X)

does anyone know of some hardware that would make it easy to controll different sounds on the synth modules such as the Frequency and Resolution filters?

and anything you think might help me. thanks. ^_^

Freedom Through Shock Therapy