Joining mp3s seamlessly?

Hello all

Im trying to load a few old mixes onto my site, but I dont have the original large wav file of the mix. All I have is cds. So I ripped the cd tracks to mp3 and downloaded several joining programs to re-combine the tracks. However, I cant make them join together without slight stutters at the combination points. Anybody know of any software that can do this?

I did it once, but I dont know what program I used and I have since re-formatted my hard drive. I didnt realize it would be next to impossible to find a program that worked.

PLEASE HELP :blink:

And if you want to you can check out the only mix I do have up right now.

Thanks!

Pyite

http://pyite.net

You should be able to rip the CD as a single WAV and then convert to MP3.

Due to the lossy compression of MP3s, as separate files for the tracks in the mix they will not fit perfectly and thus create clicks and/or slight gaps. There are plugins to most popular MP3 player software that will crossfade the tracks slightly, eliminating the gap. But in a beatmixed DJ set this will just make the transitions sound ugly and messed up, so ripping as a single WAV and then compressing to a single MP3 would be the way to go. You can always put the tracklisting in the ID3 tag, thats what I usually do.