Marco V - Echnalava

asian_bud_nation

hey ppl..

i used to be a complete full on psy head, but recently ive had a change of heart, just realizing a lot of full on stuff doesnt do the trick anymore..anyways im not going to get into that cause i know a lot of us feel the same way...anyways, recently ive been getting into a little bit of tech-trance, and i stumbled upon this track by Marco V., called Echnalava..

anyways, personally i think its a fuckin' pumpin, hard progressive track, and i try to include it in every prog-psy set i play..and people go nuts..

so yeah, i seriously suggest that anyone that loves prog stuff should check this track out (how you get it im not going to suggest..)..and dont be put off that the artist usually makes tech-trance, more melodic trance...this track is by no means cheesy or lame...its got mad style:)

peace! happy listening!

I have this vinyl. Both tracks on it are frikking amazing. I almost think that God Child is more driven and progressive than the Echnalava track. Marco V isnt a bad producer.

If you like this kind of music, then its highly recommended to check out a label called Primate. Very progressive and tribal some of the releases.

Look here for more information:

http://www.primedistribution.co.uk/

Enjoy! :)

whats up nemo?

will definately check out that label...i do like some tribal stuff but a lot of it gets too repetitive for my taste..but yeah, a lot of tech-tribal stuff is cool. unfortunately i dont think ive heard the other track on the echnalava vinyl. a friend of mine has it but i think ive only heard him spin echnalava...anyways next time he plays ill ask him to put it in.

cool that u know the track though!

peace!

I think its very nice that you are open to other styles of trance when you are dj'ing. I think to be a good dj, you need to be open minded to all kinds of styles, otherwise you will miss out on a lot of goodies hehe. "Progressive" Psy is very related to a lot of trance out there, and also to a lot of house out there. You just need to dig very deep, and listen to a lot until you find those golden vinyls out there. :)

You make music right? Why dont you send me some stuff! ;) (Forget about that last remark, found your music hehehehe)

Edited by djnemo

yeah, definately have to be open to all kinds of styles of music...usually when i dj i play together with a friend that dj's tech trance and we switch off every couple of tracks at the beginning of the nite (the nites here are short, clubs close at 1am) before i start playing some more full on psy for all the drunk ppl that want to go nuts..so yeah, recently ive been exposed to a lot of techy and also melodic trance type stuff..which is good for me, because the most inspirational album i have (both for djing and just for a general emotional trip) is yahel - waves of sound...and i think that one album incorporates the best of psychedelic and melodic music, all bundled up through some amazing production values..

dont know if u liked any of my tracks, they're kind of old, and i never got a chance to properly master them before my hard disk crashed and everything disappeared (my own fault for not making backups..) so yeah , im in the process of making some new stuff now...got a new soundcard, motu 828MKII (beautiful piece of equipment), so now im starting to properly implement all the hardware gear that i only used for live sets and not for actual production..anyways, let me know what u think about the tracks, and give me suggestions..im trying to put together a live set that will "stick" in people's minds as im scheduled to play on new years eve from 23:30 to 00:30...

thanks again for your interest!

peace!

Hey sorry, I am going to comment on your tracks very soon....

Another label that you should Check out actually, is Frisbee Tracks. There are many tracks there that you probably wont like (I like most of it, but its very strange music) but some of the tracks are very very very "progressive".

You can go to their homepage here : http://www.frisbee-tracks.de/ . The label founder is the former AR manager of EyeQ/Harthouse (Dj Good Groove).

Happy listening :)

i like marco v a lot not many people can pull off his style of sets without the masses of cheese.

I prefer automanual more than Echnalava

and i also love nancy sinatra- bang bang (marco v remix)

he dropped it when he played in melbourne in september and it blew the roof off B)

his also been known to play a few saiko pod tracks occassionally aswell