Making music

Hi! I´m an young guy from sweden, and I really want to start making music, but I don´t know what I need to begin. So I wonder if sombody can help me with what I need. What do I need to start making music? Mi budget isn´t the biggest, and i´m not a computer genius, but I can controll hardwere :P. I would like to start doing progressive house, or full-on psytrance, or just any type of electonic music. I know it takes many years for the productions to sound ok, but you need to start somwhere, right?

//SmartHans

Hi there,

Here are a couple of links to software studio solutions that you can have a look at.

Reason

FruityLoops Studio

Cakewalk Project 5

You might want to look into the following as well.

Steinberg (Makers of Cubase and Nuendo etc)

Native Instruments (Very nice VSTi's)

You might also want to buy these magazines for tutorials and news about the electronic music making scene.

Future Music Magazine

Computer Music Magazine

Sound On Sound

Very useful tips and tricks there. I have loads of more resources and links, but I think these are enough for the time being. Check out what I posted and if you have any other questions then please let me know.

I am not going to say that any of the above will suit your needs, because its all about taste really.

I use Cubase, Reason, A lot of Native Instruments stuff etc, but for you maybe something else is a better solution. Have a go at as many things as you can and then decide.