Help me to choose !

Guest kokoretsi

Maybe i ll make one track for the contest using fruit loops , but still i havent decided what style will be.. I want to choose between a bit slow psychedelic trance around 135-140 bpm, Dark and fast around 145bpm , Down-tempo chill out or Crazy experimental staff around 145-150 bpm?

So what do you think?

Guest Kokoretsi

Come on give some suggestions..

i already made some tracks in the past but i dont know really what to choose!

is it possible to sumbit a techno industrial track for the contest? no vocals , just instrumental . .

Guest Pandable

personally, I'm doing 144 bpm experimental full on melodic stuff. In other words, not one set genre. I'd mix the genre's if I were you. staying to a certain style is a bad, bad thing.

Guest Kokoretsi

Yesterday i started a wild one ! Its 147 bpm , a bit experimental in the beginning and becoming real wild in the middle stage.. The only problem is that looks will become very long maybe more than 9 minutes.. Still needs much work to do ..

I ll try to give a shot to experimental full on track , a real mad track its coming!!

Good luck to everybody and enjoy your time !!

Guest diffusion (chris)

does it really matter what speed its in? in the end, as long as it is a good track, no one will care, even if it is 10 bpm or 250

• 2 weeks later...
Guest soliptic

>> 147 is the magic number for me when it comes to bpm...

Weird, I find that too. I've done a lot in this general area (145, 147, 148, 150, 152) and I'd definitely say 147 is the best. No idea why, it just is somehow.

And for techno, it is 136. For drumnbass it is 174 or 176.

I wonder why particularly precise tempos always seem to be so much better for certain genres, than the tempos just 1bpm next to them.