Trance and Jazz

Guest skeletor

Besides Tromesa, and maybe some older Slide, can anyone recommend any other psytrance with authentic instruments and jazzy melodies? Personally I think the Jazz umbrella holds some pretty psychedelic tricks of its own and would be simply amazing done with the doof touch and some twisted synthing/sampling/drumming. Yeah we have classical trance but the trouble is you loose that freeform, random element which keeps things fresh melodically much of the time.

Guest Zero the Hero

I think of one track by Shaolin Wooden Men : Trickster on Matsuri (1997)

Or Muschaw - Ibiza Punkstar on Tikal (2001)

Two wicked tunes!

Bom!

Guest dam10n

Wired Alchemy and Loopus in Fabula both new and both on demon tea are very good trance things with jazz elements, or are they jazz with trance elements.... not quite the same as the coltrane-vs-hallucinogen collaboration I think you're really after though :o)

I think psytrance will end up evolving like jazz - california sunshine / MFG = big band stuff, the demon tea stuff is like free-bop and who knows when and where the trance Bitches Brew is gonan come from :)

Guest skeletor

cool... will check those artists out (though Loopus in Fabula have yet to touch me with a track).... just gotta throw out my He-Man figures and change my user name b4 i get killed by the humour here;)

Guest sam i am

Pelinpala is jazzy as. Check the album on Demon Tea and the album with Outolintu under the name Haltya "Forest Flavours" on Exogenic.

:)

Sam

PS - S.W.M: "Trickster" is also available on Psy-Harmonics Vol 4 "Out on the Full"