V/A - Psychedelic Tunning

Lemmiwinks

Posted Image

1. MELICIA - Genesis

2. BEAT HACKERS - System error (Psytekk rmx)

3. SIRIUS ISNESS - Micro tunes

4. APOCALIPSE - Master peace

5. DYNAMIC - Alien craft

6. ULTRA VOICE - Far away (Bizarre Contact rmx)

7. SESTO SENTO - Dive to dive

8. YAHEL - We know

9. DYNAMO - Spun dry

10. DYNAMIC - Alien connection

A lot of people think that this comp is fake, that it's just a joke made to show how cheesy psytrance has become latley... Well IT'S NOT A JOKE!!! This comp actually exists!! Just check psyshop and you will see...

That said I must admit that I have latley had the dream of driving around town in a Mitsubishi Evo VIII with a 500W subwofer and pumping psy, so even if the concept is cheezy, I'm sure a lot of you already had similar thoughts :) And just go to any psy festival, you'll ALWAYS find at least 5 cars blasting psy around your tent... I mean, most of us men are atracted to good music, fine women and powerful cars, right? Why try to fight it?

Anywayz on to how it sounds... well, as you probably imagine from reading the track names, it's full-on... however I don't know if it's because I haven't listened to some "classical full-on" in a while but I kinda like these tracks!! I mean, the ones I haven't heard yet cause there is some stuff that's pretty old here! Melicia , Yahel and Dynamic - Alien Connection for example have been released YEARS ago!! Also, a little search shows me that basically ALL the tracks here have already been released on at least one comp before, but I haven't listened to a lot of full-on comps in 04 so except from stuff I recall from various parties, I haven't heard most of the stuff here :)

Sirius Isness is the real standout here IMO, it has a VERY nice melody which reminds me of the oldschool days, that track really bought a big smile on my face :) Actually one of the best full-on tracks of this year IMO!!

Master Peace is also a pretty good track, so is the one by Sesto Sento . Nothing much to say about the style because you all probably already know by now the style of these artists...

Conclusion cheezy concept set aside, this is a pretty nice full-on comp, good for those morning hours. Almost all these tracks have already been released on various comps so if you have a lot of full-on comps from 04 you probably already have most of these tracks as well... if not, then it's a good way to get the "best of 04 full-on"... 8/10

PS. A little side-note on the concept: if this was music made for those mega-1000W+ subwoofers then why no artists with a killer bass like Parasense , Penta and such? that sure would've been a good way to test those sound systems :)