What the hell are Xerox and Mascaline up to when DJ-ing?!

i was on a psyparty that sathurday and i have to admit that it was the best party i've ever been to. i danced from 10 in the evening to 6 in the morning non-stop (think how my legs felt after...)!!! first there was a local dj and then a local live act from switzerland, quite good stuff. then xerox and mascalin where dj-ing, and that really drove me crazy!! i don't know if they did it ping-pong-wise or if one of them did a set and then the other (thay mixed about 2 hours) the first tracks (maybe 5 or 6, i don't know) where progressive goa, which means i was quite bored and disappointed (don't be offended, it's just a music style i can't relate to). then came another track also started progressive, but after some time it get very full on (or whatever you call this) and so where all the following tracks. i can't exactly describe it but the crowd got mad with it and me too! sometimes it was a guitarriff it was besides the progressive beat, a melodie but all very full on with lots of noise and stuff. haven't heard something like that... can anybody tell me who has seen xerox/mascalin dj-ing how you call this style and what artists make this music? i don't know if i could stand it to listen to this music at home but i wonder what this is anyway.

Guest rx7style

Maybe your legs felt like mine after competing in numerous events at a 3-day track&field competition, or a triathalon perhaps? It's dancing! You can work up a sweat and get excited, but that's about it. Aaack, I'm just buggin'... if it was an indoor party usually the ceilings are dripping with condensation, and it's about 200 degrees inside so that exacerbates the dance workout... 8^)

maybe my legs didn't feel quite as bad as yours but when i had to walk to the station about 20 minutes they nearly fell off... ;-) hehe, but it was quite funny anyway. too bad the last dj was my favourite, yahel, and at the and i was too destroyed to dance for the last tracks. and yes, it was a indoor party and was quite crowded.

Guest rx7style

I understand; a lot of your dance energy is spent keeping a body sized space for you to fit in amongst the crowd right? ;-) Lots of limb flailing -- or you could start break-dancing... that always gives you some room. But the floors.... uuuuugh.

my dance strategy depends on the music but normaly im jumping or stumping around and move my hands and arms in a trancey or technoish way. can't exatly describe it but i think it looks quit silly sometimes but it's fun. dance like nobody's watching you know.... *g*

Guest Elysium Project

A dance strategy??? :-) guess there's a new dance fashion too in this scene....hell it's getting too fashionable.....we need to get back to basics and let people have their own identity.......another topic: Stop this fashion thing in this scene...:-))

hehe, it isn't actually a strategy to dance like this to be honest. it more overcomes me you know and i can't stop! :-))))

*LOL* exactyl!!!!! sometimes i even wonder if people think i have a mental illnes or taken too much drugs to dance like that. but i always see others like me so no worry... ;-)

Yeah, that's my problem too... I dance like crazy all night in 40°C crowded basements, sweating like a pig, which means that by the time the really good morning music comes (5-6 AM), I either go home or just sit down and watch cause I'm too destroyed to dance... that's why I say: put all the full-on in the night time!!

Guest hujaboy

Hi I saw Moshe(xerox) yesterday at Hommega base.

He plaied a couple of my trax at the party but I don;t know what else .

He will come again to your city soon.

Check out the Israliens 3 compilation for recent Hommega trax.

thanks for your help with the trax! think i will buy your album then when its out here... i've allready got israliens 3 and a lot of other hommega compilations and albums. but i nearly didn't recognaise any tracks. it sounded soooo different!! but really great!! yahel's tracks are more easy to identfy on his set. nearly knew anything, besides the unreleased ones of course...

Guest psydancer

ok we seem to have deviated a bit .. the initial question about what type of music was being played . .does anyone have answers to that ? because if they do , it would be really helpful .. thanx ..

bom

Guest [tom jaimz]

Er, Isreali Trance? Same @!#$ every Isreali DJ plays. Phonokol stuff, Hommega stuff, USTA stuff.. The usual. Go look at some recent Isreali top tens on Isratrance and that'll tell you.

no, tom jaimz, its not the usual israeli stuff at least not the one i know. and i really adore israeli trance... yahel who played after xerox/mascalin was doing the israeli/hommega kind of stuff which sounded more familiar but quit different.

Guest hujaboy

This is the list I got from Moshe K. the first hour of the dj set.

Domestic - Human Base

Pixel - Black In / Black Out

Wizzy Noise - Loop Active

Hujaboy - Counting Spirals

Tegma - Rockblocker

Lish - Green Show

Synchro - Kiss This

Total Eclipse - No Mercy rmx

Cydonia - Bass Monster

Wizzy Noise - Wizzy On The Run

THANK YOU A LOT!! think i will order some more cds today to take a look at that stuff!! ehm, i hope you don't think this is rude but i liked the second part of the set better, any chance to know what tracks are played there!? i think for me the second set started after the synchro track or maybe a little bit earlier... but thank you anyway, you are really a great help i have to say. i really enjoyed that night cause the music was great all the time not with the usual progressive breakdown for 4 hours that normally comes and can't be enjoyed by me.

hehe, i ordered the new wizzy noise cd, it's the only one i could fine from the ones above at my local internet shop. but maybe better, i dare not to think how much cds i've allready ordered i'll have to pay in december.... think will take a look at psyshop or so in a few weeks and find more...