Alpha Juno 2 VS. Juno 106

Guest Pandable

I'm on a tight budget here, so I'm at a dillema:

I want a juno. I've heard the 106 is very great for goa, and very analog, but haven't heard much about the juno 2 other than it's more plasticy,and that they sound "very different." Havent read how good the 2 is for psy/goa.

The dillema is this: do I buy a 106 for it's analog greatness, or get the juno 2, with a tad worse sounds, better midi control, and a lower price? My budget is TIGHT.

The Juno2 doesn´t sound "very different." Maby not as warm as the 106 but it´s not a huge difference. Juno2 has buttons instead of knobs and that makes it a little harder to program. If you already have a keyboard you may want to check out the mks-50 wich is a rack version of the Juno.

I had a juno-1 but juno-2 and 1 are the same..so, this is what i think about it..the sounds on the juno-2 are good! but i got sick and really mean sick of the stupid mod-wheel..so i sold mine for 2000 swedish kr and bought me a juno-106 for 3500kr..it's in mint-condition..anyway you should try to buy the juno-106 since it sounds warmer, easier to program and looks better to :) so try to get the juno-106 and if you can't afford right now, then wait, save some $ and buy i t later..it's worth it!

Lunar

Guest phlux0r

I got both the Alpha Juno 2 and the 106 and I'd say go with the Juno 106 since you get a more "hands on" synth where you can twiddle with sliders and do much better real time changes on your sounds than on the Alpha. However, bear in mind these things:

Juno 106 has a keyboard that is NOT velocity sensitive but the Alpha Juno 2 keyboard is!

You can't swith the MIDI local off on the Juno 106 which means that it's a bit cumbersome to use as your MIDI keyboard when working in Logic/Cubase/Reason or whatever - you have to unplug the audio out or put volume to 0, the Aplha again has that capability

I found the loading and saving of patches to/from the PC for the Alpha Juno much easier than on the 106.

Good luck.

BTW, go to www.harmonycentral.com for great user reviews of synths and other music gear like FX etc...

• 12 years later...

no chance mate Juno106 forever.

Alpha Juno only does Hoover lol it sucks literally lol , but i did create some original sounds with it of course , it's always possible on a synth and any synth.