SYNTHS FOR PSY MUSIC

gimme any synth and ill tell you how its done anything goes LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

fuck it

yes i love this bastard i even made custom shit skin but its mine sorry

i love this shit and i can pull any fuckin sound off it for FM use other shit

cyaz

maxresdefault.jpg

Dunno if this is valid but

I dont use any hard synths, im a shitty producer, anyway, mainly all the free synths i can find on the net:

for most of my last mediocre productions i used:

In reaper:--b-line 303, and synth 1, dune cm, tal noizemaker,

in reason: mainly subtractor and maelstrom, sometimes predator( also as a fx device) ,and parsec for additive sounds.

fx i use a lot is minimal systems free analoguefilter, acon digital multiply(free version) and whatever free stuff i can download

off pluginboutique,kvr and BPM blog:)

maybe this doesnt help but thought i would share anyway, it might be of use to someone out there

cheers.

• Like 1

My latest tracks are mostly made with Virus TI but I'm slowly getting back to softsynths. Spire sounds very convincing and is much easier to handle in a DAW. Also Discovery Pro is a really fine softie, I never owned a Nordlead but I like to think that with this Discovery I can pretend that I have one ;). Massive and Diversion are also great for modern psy sounds, Diva and Juno/SH-101 emulations by TAL should be good for oldschool goa.

• Like 1

Dunno if this is valid but

I dont use any hard synths, im a shitty producer, anyway, mainly all the free synths i can find on the net:

for most of my last mediocre productions i used:

In reaper:--b-line 303, and synth 1, dune cm, tal noizemaker,

in reason: mainly subtractor and maelstrom, sometimes predator( also as a fx device) ,and parsec for additive sounds.

fx i use a lot is minimal systems free analoguefilter, acon digital multiply(free version) and whatever free stuff i can download

off pluginboutique,kvr and BPM blog:)

maybe this doesnt help but thought i would share anyway, it might be of use to someone out there

cheers.

free doesnt mean its shit i use lots of them mateeeee <3

My latest tracks are mostly made with Virus TI but I'm slowly getting back to softsynths. Spire sounds very convincing and is much easier to handle in a DAW. Also Discovery Pro is a really fine softie, I never owned a Nordlead but I like to think that with this Discovery I can pretend that I have one ;). Massive and Diversion are also great for modern psy sounds, Diva and Juno/SH-101 emulations by TAL should be good for oldschool goa.

virus? look i turned synth1 in a virus color change code

its hyped forget it my advice

knowledge is power

i like hands on look i got roland jv1080 its hard as fuck time consuming as fuck.. with 1 synth then wheres da rest?

i like groovebox etc i had microkorg sold it to mate fuck it like know wat i mean?

theres plenty killer free softwaare virtual analogue etc watever that really kills it good like! in a great way! ofc its always 'fun' to play keyboard i got 2 midi controllers i had enough of gear n shit still keep some for fun n experiment is nice. got xoxbox etc... its goood shit but i love software its straight fire easy to program shit n write on da go

any good synth has features u are after. some have tooo much shit which I avoid i usually get ones like in real ones

LP , HP , BP etc filter envelopes n shit modulations , mono or poly i can do anything with them each one has a certain way u gotta get to know 'them' sorta lilke friends in a way

wish all best to your prods mate c u later i got tons to do

tal is da shit for me is just juno but tal... pff brill <3

theres few others like big cheezy trance leads theres superwave n shit i might dig it sometime but i dont usually tend to go much for it i like certain sounds you know.. its just me

i love the moog prodigy big taurus shit think cuz im a taurus and i dont like spanish bullfights n shit im against all that aswel because.. im taurus

virus? look i turned synth1 in a virus color change code

its hyped forget it my advice

knowledge is power

i like hands on look i got roland jv1080 its hard as fuck time consuming as fuck.. with 1 synth then wheres da rest?

i like groovebox etc i had microkorg sold it to mate fuck it like know wat i mean?

theres plenty killer free softwaare virtual analogue etc watever that really kills it good like! in a great way! ofc its always 'fun' to play keyboard i got 2 midi controllers i had enough of gear n shit still keep some for fun n experiment is nice. got xoxbox etc... its goood shit but i love software its straight fire easy to program shit n write on da go

any good synth has features u are after. some have tooo much shit which I avoid i usually get ones like in real ones

LP , HP , BP etc filter envelopes n shit modulations , mono or poly i can do anything with them each one has a certain way u gotta get to know 'them' sorta lilke friends in a way

wish all best to your prods mate c u later i got tons to do

I agree that you can make music with free software or basic DAW plugins, but quality plugins or digital hardware usually have better sounding algorithms, more options, etc. Also for old goa sound you can use basic waveforms and filters, modern psy production involves FM, wavetable, additive oscillators, complex filters (like vowel or comb), various effects and whatnot, I don't know many free plugins having enough options and good sound quiality, this TAL free stuff sounds fine but is too basic.

As for the Virus, this is basically a plugin in a box, no magic in it but I happen to love the sound and the workflow, the only disadvantage is that you can run only one instance of the virus plugin so you have to bounce everything and also that plugin takes forever to load. I wish Access release a native plugin but I highly doubt it will ever happen

• Like 1

I agree that you can make music with free software or basic DAW plugins, but quality plugins or digital hardware usually have better sounding algorithms, more options, etc. Also for old goa sound you can use basic waveforms and filters, modern psy production involves FM, wavetable, additive oscillators, complex filters (like vowel or comb), various effects and whatnot, I don't know many free plugins having enough options and good sound quiality, this TAL free stuff sounds fine but is too basic.

As for the Virus, this is basically a plugin in a box, no magic in it but I happen to love the sound and the workflow, the only disadvantage is that you can run only one instance of the virus plugin so you have to bounce everything and also that plugin takes forever to load. I wish Access release a native plugin but I highly doubt it will ever happen

depends bro look i know how to make subcouds pleadians sound in 1 minute ... piss really

grab this

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/synth1-by-ichiro-toda/details

synth1-113.png

:lol:

and! this

i fuckin got encens shit sound on this its 80s mate you wont regret it plus its so easy to bring that huge trancewave sound bass LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL but i dont like it

https://tal-software.com/products/tal-u-no-lx

tal-u-no-lx-v2.png

juno 60 shit you know... well thats all for now

u still doubt it , compare??

brill , digital sounds sharper juno not as much because maybe cables n shit that influences but look its the record that matters in the end nobody is gonna care what da fuck you used imo... make good music , be happy n shit u know , im happy

modern psy production involves FM, wavetable, additive oscillators, complex filters (like vowel or comb)

regarding that i got some other tools maybe ill post them later i can share some shit theres a free digital phase modulation u can get some fuckin serious sound off it like old casio synth no kidding mate!

http://www.extentofthejam.com/

DigitsBig.png

have fun for now get to know these fuckers , create your own sounds , style n stuff , these are 80s and they are my lovable ones

hope you like it and hope it can bring many hours of fun and make them great companions as they are for me.

one love peace out

/filipe

and speaking of synths i wanna say rest in peace Arguru he was brilliant person it was so sad when he died in a car crash he was fucking genious and contributed so much in musical shit... specially goa tools n shit trackers n shit so much he did so much a productive person , still remember old days buzz tracker n shit omg alianeted buddha n shit , really sad. rip bro Arguru!

Discovery DSP... fuck so many trackers n things he done he did nord lead VST and all like synth1 you know... ... god bless you man... you will always be missed.

201_pink_flowers.jpg

Juan_Antonio_Arguelles_Rius.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Antonio_Arguelles_Rius

there is buzz generator goa kick he did i might share to you guys if you guys use old fruity loops its compatible . i know i will ...

here's da link :

http://buzz.robotplanet.dk/machineinfo.php?id=7420

27 Nov 2000 An analogue kick. Pretty usefull for Goa Trance. download.gif Arguelles GoaKick.dll 27 Nov 2000 An analogue kick. Pretty usefull for Goa Trance. download.gif Arguelles GoaKick.dll

this is brilliant too i used in many amithaba songs

http://buzz.robotplanet.dk/machineinfo.php?id=7628

fsm's "Kick" Machine info Enabled 1 Create date 30 Nov 2000 Name Kick Description Kick: Cool Analogue Kick. This is the old version Host type Buzz Machine type Generator Sub type Kick Downloads

hope i can be of help.godbless

zec3un8rzcmblrdlyswb.jpg

/filipe

• Like 1

a VIRUS!!!!!!!! Very Dirty, Very Phat, Very Good

yeayeeayeay whateverrrr shyte

Thanks, I have this Juno-lx and also their 101 plugin, they both are great. As for your other suggestions, I think I'm covered by what I already have. Thanks nevertheless, this may be useful for other people.

I admit that I don't have enough skills and patience to make great sounds with crappy free plugins, but I admire the people who can do it. ;)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I like the topic so here are my 2 cents:

I don't think it matters what synth you use - it's more about what you can do with it.

At first I used only soft synths - Sylenth1, Massive, and some others. Even though I owned some hardware synths I preferred soft - probably because I was used to software after playing around with Reason for many years.

Then I started using hardware a little. Then more. And more. Now I use only hardware. It's more fun, I get more feeling from twisting those knobs and I think they sound better than software (some more, some not that much).

Producing music on hardware synths makes it totally different process for me.

Right now I use:

Access Virus B

Nord Lead (first edition)

Roland JP-8080 (not using it much recently)

Moog Sub 37

I used Virus and Nord Lead a lot for a while. Then I got Sub 37 and it is becoming my go-to synth. So good. So easy to use. And so much fun!

Whether you decide to use soft, hard or both I think it's just a matter of preference. Same goes for 'what synth'.

Try as many as you can and then decide what works for you. There is no 'best synth for psytrance' in my opinion.

• Like 2