"Sounding alike" GMS - 3d Vision full-on synths wi

Hi Mates!

I have a very nice psychedelic sound with Subtractor and Maelstrom in Reason ...

But these times i'm looking to get more info on "how-to" make/programming the sound in those synth to render more "crunchy", more "agressive" like GMS and all full-on stuff..?!?!Even any help to make it dark/deep/very evil would be appreciated!

Please reply properly ....don't start another topic like: "how can you ask that?? Make your own....blal bla bla.." or : "you want copy that boring sound??? be more creative....bla bla..."

I just ask this info to HAVE MORE KNOWNLEDGE!!!

hehe!!

Thanx for understanding!!!!!!

Peace

i would involve some distortion, maybee a tight flange, compression, EQ much eq.

also involve some fm synthesis. also obviousley you need to fucking screw your head on you little cock sucker..

go fuck your self

Guest try this

Here's how to get that growly sound (more of a sample method, than a programming one):

1. get an MD recorder and a mic

2. strap it to your ass

3. press "Record"

4. spoon cans of fried beans down your throat until you unleash the juciest fart your butt can muster

5. Run it through a good effects processor, add a bit of compression, and eq the shit out of it (I personally add some tight reverb to my farts. You won't hear much of a difference over monitors, but in large venues, it really activates the sound)

6. Get a bunch of takes down and experiment with different butt and mic positions (squatting gets more resonance, while bending over really hits those higher octives). A multiple mic setup can grab a few extra nuances too.

7. Load it up into cubase, add the rhythm, and you're ready to mix down.

I tend to use some good samples in live situations, but on occasion I like to let a few good ones rip 2 hours into the set...the crowd goes wild!!! I add some good delay and it echoes forever.

I am fairly sure that the above method will produce the 'crunchy' and 'aggressive' sound you desire, along with lots of nice buzzing noises.

It should be a fairly radical high as well.

Guest kleer001

Hmmm,

Seems this board has been infiltrated by know-nothings and rude little kids.

Too sad :(

Zen,

For a full on sound you want to get your synth to sound unique on evey note like a real instrument, This will involve very slow LFOs (on cutoff and resonance) and some LFOs who speeds change depending on some arbitrary controllers. I know you can do this easily in fruity loops, but not too sure about reason.

The reason for this is that with real musical instruments the harmonics are non-linear and depend on the quality of the string, sounding board, mouth piece, bow, or what ever constitutes the instrument being played. That said you are trying to get a very ORGANIC sound out of a synthetic instrument. This requires layers and layers of effects.

So, as you play your bass line, tweek out a few knobs and listen, then animate them to move a little bit back and forth. This also applies to effects, such as flanger, chorus, phaser, distortion, and eq. A little back and forth on one of the knobs of the flanger and a slower small tweek on the phaser may just do the trick. Try "SCULPTING" the sound, from a boring sphere, to a dark brain form!!!

You are trying to recreate the subtle variances found in natural systems. Like fractals, yes?

peace,

kleer

Thanx b (maybe bansi) I know how u'r!

Thanx so much Kleer....I'll try to improve in theses directions :)

For the other people thanx for the good time i had reading your stories !!They are quite hilarous ;)

I hope you're not making music with those ...greasy samples

If yes, i really would like to hear some

Peace

Guest DeeperNETWERK

Well, I guess what Kleer says could be applied. But GMS makes their "crunchy and agrressive" sounds by using FM synthisis, and also a JP8000 ( the X-Mod Depth) knob on a saw wave. Throw some distortion (hardware works much better, i like the Big Muff pedal), and compress and you'll get a simple GMS lead. I think Kleer is going into a little more detail than GMS ever thought in their life, though Kleer's technique's will give you good results.

Guest coriolis

1. experiment with putting distortion effects in series with eq and filter effects. for example

resonant lowpass -> disto -> resonant highpass

eq -> disto -> eq

eq -> disto -> resonant high/lo -> disto -> eq

and so on

2. also, use FM synthesis:

bass sound -> FM modulator -> eq

bass sound -> disto -> eq -> fm modulator

you can use NI FM7 as a vst effect to use it as an fm modulator. you just plug it in as an effect insteat of a VSTi and then whatever you send to it you can use as an fm source for an oscillator. see what i mean?

these chains are just examples. lots of things will happen that you will like if you just mess around with connecting these components together.

Guest Red Headed Stepchild

Who is this b guy who seems to have serious mood swings. For no reason he just becomes angry.

Author: b (212.137.29.---)

Date: 10-31-02 11:21

i would involve some distortion, maybee a tight flange, compression, EQ much eq.

also involve some fm synthesis. also obviousley you need to fucking screw your head on you little cock sucker..

go fuck your self

• 5 weeks later...
Guest BrainStorm

try my tracks, im kinda sure thats what u r looking for :P

its made with Reason only ;)

BrainStorm

www.mp3.com/whoracle

check

"Smell The Color"

"Toy"

"Anything Is Nothing"

"Girlfriend"