"Ensoniq Fizmo" hand book

Boom Shankar !

I am searching for an ENSONIQ FIZMO hand book. Anyone can help me ?

I coudn't find it on net. Anyone can tell from where to downlod it ?

Tnx a lot !

PLUR !!

Guest Andreas of Amygdala

Wow - Transwave? I want one... Where can I lay my greedy phalangies on it? And what kind of synth is it...? Never heard about it before...

Guest etherdesign

You can learn all about Fizmo at the Fizmo Users Group

You'll have to look for a second hand one since Ensoniq doesn't make them anymore. So look on ebay or the sonicstate.com classifieds.

Transwaves are wavetables (ala PPG and Microwave) but instead of being one waveform in each position on the table, the waveforms on a Transwave synth have multiple loop points, so it's like a wavetable within a wavetable.

Guest Andreas of Amygdala

"the waveforms on a Transwave synth have multiple loop points, so it's like a wavetable within a wavetable." - you can do that with wavetables as well - on the microwave XT, i believe it's possible to insert waveforms in 5 of the 62 slots...?

Guest etherdesign

but you can only insert one waveform into each slot, with one loop, with a Transwave synth, you can have a waveform that has multiple loops..

for instance on an XT, each wavetable has 64 slots for different waveforms..

( ) will be the loop points...

(////) one slot on a normal wavetable synth

(////)(_/_/_/)(_____) etc. on a transwave synth.. after the first sound is played it continues to the next and of course there are all sorts of modulation as to how long each plays and when each one is played and when it moves on to the next slot.. so it's basically a wavetable within each slot of the wavetable..

I don't think I'm explaining it too well, it's kinda complex.. but that's the jist of it.

• 4 years later...

Fizmo....I want one...or two...

Keep an eye out for secondhand Ensoniq EPS16 PLUS samplers, or the ASR10 rackmount version. You can do transwave synthesis with samples on those... making twisted fucked up melodic lead sounds out of drumloops is one speciality. It's all over our first two albums - it's difficult to program but recommended.

I hate you colin....you just gave me another synth to drool on....it never ends man... ;)

kryptum!! man I hate you too.

just a click away,but I cant have her.... I tried to grab her through the screen,but I failed!!! :(

*throws a tantrum

doubly post....

I never liked ebay you know...I dont know why,but I never it never clicked...I guess I'll have to use it one day if I really intend to get something "old"....

for example this fizmo kryptum posted. there was this guy that was leading the auction at 505eur.now,20secs before it ends there is this guy that comes and raises the sum to 655eur(and he wins,the auction ended)!!! Fuuuuuuuck.....I feel sorry for that guy...it slipped right out of his fingers!!!

ps:655eur...that is waaay too much.... a new fizmo went for around 900dollars when it was released. and its no vintage so why is the price this high!!! :ph34r:

/e-bay rant over/

yeah ebay can be shitty on that...it's not the first time something similiar happens with me and indeed it sucks.

still,you can find some really nice deals once in while...

i've found a music shop near me that has one fizmo for sale,ex-demo,but they want 889€ for it! :ph34r:

yeah ebay can be shitty on that...it's not the first time something similiar happens with me and indeed it sucks.

still,you can find some really nice deals once in while...

i've found a music shop near me that has one fizmo for sale,ex-demo,but they want 889€ for it! :ph34r:

Some guy wanted to trade his Fizmo with my MS-2000