Reason vs. Fruity Loops

I think that Reason is better.

It's much more proffesional than Fruity and have better sound quality and better sound control, :)

Yes, the interface is hard but once You've learn it You will never change it.

But I know people who make gordious music with Fruity Loops.

I think that You have to try both programs and than make a choice :)

I cannot tell You which one is better. It's up to You. You will use it, not me :)

Both of them have many advantages and disadvantages.

Remember that perfect soft doesn't exist.

• 3 weeks later...

REASON :posford:

Am I the only one who thinks FL Studio is superior to Reason?

I also find FL Studio to be far superior to Reason in the long run. Reason is maybe quicker to use out of the box, it looks cooler and, its strongest point, it is very stable, but in the long run, Fruity I found to be much more flexible. If for no other reason than the fact that Fruity supports vsti. Reason can sound good as well, especially once you rewire it through Cubase or such and get the Reason mixer out of the picture, but as a stand alone choice between Reason of Fruity, I'd give my dollars to Fruity any day of the week. Looking at the release track record as well, I've heard plenty of tracks and full albums made on Fruity alone, but I've yet to hear of anything made and released solely on Reason. That's not to say there isn't anything, just that I've never heard of it happening.

I also find FL Studio to be far superior to Reason in the long run. Reason is maybe quicker to use out of the box, it looks cooler and, its strongest point, it is very stable, but in the long run, Fruity I found to be much more flexible. If for no other reason than the fact that Fruity supports vsti. Reason can sound good as well, especially once you rewire it through Cubase or such and get the Reason mixer out of the picture, but as a stand alone choice between Reason of Fruity, I'd give my dollars to Fruity any day of the week. Looking at the release track record as well, I've heard plenty of tracks and full albums made on Fruity alone, but I've yet to hear of anything made and released solely on Reason. That's not to say there isn't anything, just that I've never heard of it happening.

In the end its all about what program you feel confortable in :) then you can focus on creativity instead of how the software works. i really think a good track is good no mather what software is used, but i myself feel very confortable in reason and i like the fact that its stable and balanced, very well programmed . if it would have support for vst the stability would be changed i was working in logic before reason and never regret changing to reason, but i can understand people who makes music with song and stuff that kind of music reason isnt really suited for that and i think the limitations reason have in some aspects makes you more creative since you have to find ways around that, for example i sample a lof of sounds from my synthesizer and use in the samplers in reason to get the sound more variated :-) very fun program i warmly recommend for anyone who havent tryed it.

Regards

Diaks

I do agree that limitations can be a benefit and that the person using the software is more important than the software itself. Reason is a great place to start making tracks and you can keep using it as you upgrade due to rewire, but as a stand alone product I find it fair to limiting for my taste (and the tastes of just about every artist I know you started with it). But different strokes for different folks... Use what works for you.

In the end its all about what program you feel confortable in :)

Yes and no. I think there's definitely a point to this argument, but i don't at all think it can be seen as a final answer on the whole question regarding which sequencer is best (by some objective measure).

What works best for you is what you are most comfortable with. However, even if a person is extremely comfortable with using an old version of FastTracker or whatever and just gets confused and frustrated and can't be creative when using any other sequencer, then this is a limitation in the user only and this doesn't really have anything to do with the fact that another sequencer could give the user much wider technical possibilities and tools to work with.

Of course personal preferences control the decisions of individuals, but that is not really relevant to an objective comparison of software.

For example: at the moment i prefer working in FL since i know it well and i only have a PC, but other than that i am fairly certain that the latest Logic for mac is a better sequencer in terms of stability, sound quality and technical possibilities.