Alien Vs The Cat - Space Jam (TIP World, 2004)

Guest Templar

Alien Vs The Cat - Space Jam

TIP World, 2004

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/tip/tip1cd036.html

1. Alien Project Vs Space Cat - Space

2. Alien Project Vs Space Cat - Om Nama Shiva

3. Alien Project Vs Space Cat - A.C. Lator

4. Alien Project Vs Space Cat - Metalaizer

5. Alien Project Vs Space Cat - Aztechno Dream

6. Alien Project Vs Space Cat - Good Vibes

7. Alien Project Vs Space Cat - 007

8. Alien Project Vs Space Cat -Trancemega

A note from psyshop.com / TIP World's site:

Following hot on the heels of the outstanding album by Alien Project "Groovy", Ari the Alien has teamed up with Avi the Space Cat to catapult us into another stratosphere. The collaboration fell together and gelled instantly. A project that came together very quickly, after all night studio sessions and in between numerous gigs around the world. It came out of nowhere, within a lunar cycle and it's a real treat for all. The quality and the vibe are so high that the benchmark has yet again been raised. Groovy was outstanding... have we cleared it, we think so press play and let us know. Enjoy.

... yeah, right. I'd laugh if it wasn't so pathetic. And now for the review:

Dear Mom,

I'm at the end of the TIP World's "Space Jam Camp". Things were supposed to be magnificent. It turned out to be the other way round. Let me start from the beginning...

In my live I've been to many camps. TIP's camps were one of my favourites. Just to mention The Yellow Camp, Orange, Blue, 3D and so on... Then all of a sudden the people behind the camps changed their signature to TIP World. Phew, I thought then that they were gonners, yet they wre still able to arrange some of the best camps around. The Mystery Of The Yeti Camp gave me shivers like nothing else before. The Unlimited Camp with the Logic Bomb guys was a smasher. The Mystery Of The Thirteen Crystal Skulls Camp was just brilliant! Christoff, Logic Bomb guys, Si', Raja and the others... damn, this was a CAMP! Booze, chicks, splendid MUSIC... The second edition of it (The Secret Of The Thirteen Crystal Skulls Camp) was good too, but I've noticed the lack of vodka, too much psy-disco music, the chicks were uglier and had smaller boobs and there were some boring people on the camp site (one of them was Astrix as far as I can remember, now don't laugh, he has nothing to do with the Astrerix and Obelix, this is just a nickname of "a very talented israeli musician"; the second one was one the guys responsible for Space Jam Camp), who made me yawn a lot. After that, it was straight from a downhill... sad but true. Even the camp which gathered a lot of guitar fans (The 6 Stringadelica Camp if my memory is correct) didn't fix TIP World reputation. I myself was still looking into the future hoping for a good camp with the likes of the previous ones. And boy, how foolish was I to think so...

The main thingy of this camp are parties in a nearby club. Well, to be honest, the music played in it is mainly fluoro-rave, which makes me feel like listening to most of israeli music hiding under the "psychedelic trance" disguise. I guess the name says it all. The whole story of this music is based on very simple tricks we've had on previous camps, we have the same patterns over and over. Mom, it's boring as hell! I can't stand it and the rest of the kids can't either. The guys who run this camp (Alien and Cat, two guys from Israel; I resepct the second one, as for Alien, well, I don't think much about him to say it politely) repeated the same activities over and over, I feel like I was on some camp from the previous two years. What is more, I'm was bullied by some fellows who were at the previous parties. Their names are Aztechno Dream and Trancemega, to mention only those two. I won't go into details about particular days of the camp because, to be honest, there isn't anything interesting to write about.

Frankly, I'm worried about the usage of my pen on this letter - this whole event isn't worth of my ink.

Right now I'm packing my baggage. Someone wrote on the board with the TIP World logo "This Is Pure U Know What". A true sign of vandalism, but then again I can't argue with that. I'm leaving, my friends are disappointed and I'm also disappointed, as I was with many previous camps by TIP World crew. Please mom, send me some money so that I can go on a Twisted Camp. They never let me down and, furthermore, they do not lie about being great and all. "The benchmark has yet again been raised." Heh, now that's a good one...

Hugs & kisses

Charles

www.psytrance.pl

Guest chris

in the eighties there were some disco producers creating 20 min. tunes with one straightforward beat and mixing tons of hit melodies one after another (abba, boney m, baccara and so on).

so you could get all hits of one year in one track. this worked very well on the dancefloor cause people got really excited about hearing all this famous melodies within one track (although dj's killed their sets, cause there was nothing else left to be played ;-)

"Trancemega" the last song of this "unique collaboration" shows us which level alien project reached nowadays: he is not copying anymore other's music, he is just copying himself. This track is a 10 min. disco tune with all the nice melodies from the old days when people thought alien project can be compared with GMS and other mega producers (ok. I don't want to forget to mention, that there are also some space cat melodies in it). but hey, this track will work as hell on the dancefloor, better played as the last track of a set ;-).

so one could think this last track is a statement and yes it is: these guys are telling us that they have nothing else to say!

about the rest of the album: it is not just formula full-on it is full-on which has definately reached it's end. This music is dead dead dead!!!

"i'm not even going to listen to the samples.."

Me neither.

I have Midnight Sun which I was impressed with at the time it came out, and I have Aztechno Dream which was decent. But his latest album looked and sounded so stupid and dull that I just gave up on Alien Project completely.

Having said that, I bet this album will still sell like hotcakes; I'm just not sure who too.

Guest Cryion

i must admit, i like Aztechno Dream

BUT its the only album i got from them and i never really listened to anything by them before...

if i listen to some samples of their newer stuff i must admit i dont like it at all cause it really sounds everything pretty the same.

so.... i prevent listening to their new stuff and enjoy their only album i own Aztechno Dream.

Guest Raider

Hmmm, I kinda liked this album. Yes, there were lots of re-used sounds, and they give a great reaction on the dance floor. But there are also other tracks on the album, worthy listening too... fx the first 3 tracks and my favourite 007, which has a really uplifting melody and build.

7/10

Guest BrettFromTibet

i have nevr listened to any other Alien Projec albums, infact the only thing

I know of Alien Project is a brief video clip in Solstice DVD...

so this album could be GREAT for me...

Guest platigreg

Cryion:

"i must admit i dont like it at all cause it really sounds everything pretty the same"...

Well, if you like chocolate, you'll like chocolate... :)

The good thing when an artist always keeps the same formula is that, if you buy the CD (so you seem to like his previous stuff), then you are not disappointed because it's the same formula that you already likes !!!

So stop complaining about an artist that doesn't evolve because he doesn't evolve...

Better say "I don't like it because I don't like it".... I find it less non-sense.

^^

Guest doppleganger

Yeah but alpha forgot to mention that there're things in the universe that you'll never get bored of.

Sex is one thing that I can think of. :)

• 2 weeks later...

This album is so poor, so poor, so poor, that i coulndt listen to the full tracks...

I agree with with most of you, the formula is here and is here to stay...

I still hope that the Space Cat´s album that will be out soon will be far away from this formula...mechanical...with guitars...with no personality...no character...

But my hope is not very strong!

Sad, very sad indeed!

Guest .::E.P

This album is so poor, so poor, so poor, that i coulndt listen to the full tracks...

I agree with with most of you, the formula is here and is here to stay...

I still hope that the Space Cat´s album that will be out soon will be far away from this formula...mechanical...with guitars...with no personality...no character...

But my hope is not very strong!

Sad, very sad indeed!

195994[/snapback]

I doubt it will be something new. sadly it seem that the leaders of formular Full on music come from Israel closely followed by wannabe countries like Greece, France, Brazil, Mexico, Japan and not to forget the Ibiza boys. It's a formular that wont last forever but right now it's at it's peak. And many labels and artists, even a few talented ones, will ride the wave to get some "Icing On the Cake" before people turn to other genres. But as long as our scene is made up of 99% kids on E with fluro gloves and papers with "Star" signatures on then this is the reality. One thing's for sure. The Goa/psy/full-on scene has entered the MTV erae. That wont change as long as the majority of people in our scene go for faster and faster Candy music to support their drug habbits.

I heard some of it at a party this last weekend, and also heard some samples in a record store a couple weeks ago. What can be said - it's no better and no worse than anything else from this camp in the last couple years. Not especially bad in small doses, but more or less pointless and uncreative. Nothing new. I'm sure it will rock dancefloors worldwide and all that crap, but I just see no point in getting it.

But I must say, the track "Trancemega" is one of the most annoying things I have ever heard. When Son Kite does the same thing and makes a "best of megamix track" like that is when I trade in all my psytrance records & CDs for commercial R&B. ;)

I also hope that the next album from Space Cat breaks the mold a little more than this one - he was always one of the Israeli artists to me that stayed away from any typical formula and did things a bit differently.

it all sounds the same... BORING (and old and stupidly noisy)

and this argument that same music from the artist is good is just really stupid.. Then why doesnt he release just one song, and you just put on ´repeat´ forever?!

because you want something different, at least a little, you want to be told a story. This album doesnt seem to tell a story, it just seems to repeat the same old fucking formula for braindead full on fans (imo)..

I dont care, flame me, Im in a bad mood anyway.