Getting the "thing" with psy trance

MikroMakro

This track gives me the "thing".. at 06:43

This is a favourite of mine, top 10 personal do you get the thing or is it just me.. I am wondering how much

each of us get the "thing" on each others tracks we like to hear... where you get the thing.. maybe post you tracks where you get it

and where in the track and we can see if get it too, might be fun !

• MikroMakro changed the title to Getting the "thing" with psy trance

Archetypal Goa Trance moment Trolsk.. it's a yes from me. I look for those hairs up on arms moments. Sometimes they come on the dancefloor where everyone just locks into a moment and everyone gets that elated energy and sometimes sitting at home with headphones on.

It is to be celebrated. I am a bit of a sucker for the darker kick and bass moments that are a little scary like being sucked down a hole..

00:26 for me one of the best kick and basses I ever heard including on the modern stuff... it's not just about how clean you can get something IMO. All boxes ticked, makes track sound faster than it is (falling forwards unstable feeling = life), extends the kick in lows for boing, boing, boing effect, has the defined choppy mid range clicky 3 note thing and the dugga dugga, adds up to more than sum of parts ! And of course just a blooming great track.

02:51 onwards, amazing... they seem to be getting it : ) you just get this moment where you go YES YES and it spread around to everyone and everyone smiles back......it does seem easier to "get it" when there is a sense of scale like an awesome sound system in a tent with no bass build up in the corners... just goes through the tent listen how good the sound is on just a phone/camera.. I love that phase shifting effect when you walk around a bit at psy tents/outdoors. I come back to this video when I want to feel that feeling...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

5:34 when one melody suddenly becomes two lines that fill your whole field of "vision".

at 4:15

3:35

and for something more modern

at 2:54
sometimes a simple slide with the right notes left hanging can be enough. spirit architect&djantrix certainly are at the forefront of fullon nowadays.

• Like 1

Nice tracks Padmapani, especially Dawn Razor ambient break giving the empathetic feelings.

The last track.. it sounds very much like 8 years ago remix.. is played plenty in the car and it is a really good track for driving, gives focus and has a strong hypnotic drive, it is not overdone, not too much at a time and builds really sweet... but very hypnotic in a non distracting way.

It sounds very similar.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2023 at 3:34 AM, Trolsk said:

The break at 3.18, the gradual build up and then the explosion at 3.58. Mind blowing every time. It's what psytrance is all about.

Me too. The greatest "thing" in the entire genre, and it lasts for such a short time. Maybe that's why it's so special.

Another of my favorite "things" is in Astral Projection's Enlightened Evolution, starting at about 4:05:

• Like 1

On 6/4/2023 at 5:07 PM, MikroMakro said:

This track gives me the "thing".. at 06:43

This is a favourite of mine, top 10 personal do you get the thing or is it just me.. I am wondering how much

each of us get the "thing" on each others tracks we like to hear... where you get the thing.. maybe post you tracks where you get it

and where in the track and we can see if get it too, might be fun !

I really like that "thing" of yours. It's a gentle release from the experience, like a big mattress of feathers to fall on when the track is closing.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Otto Matta said:

Me too. The greatest "thing" in the entire genre, and it lasts for such a short time. Maybe that's why it's so special.

Another of my favorite "things" is in Astral Projection's Enlightened Evolution, starting at about 4:05:

04:05 yeah that's some true Goa feelings, I could imagine people going completely zoned out and smiling to that section. Thanks for sharing.

Thing with goa and psy once you are in you are in. It does something other music does not. You may wander and do other things but when you need that feel not much else hits the spot.

• 1 month later...

Tristan produces the "thing" very strongly... at Curlies 02:49 onwards and it keeps going especially 03:01 onwards... to see people loving it like that is it, those moments. That's why we like it : ) I don't any other music that does it quite like psy trance and Goa. That bass line grind is great.