Lemon & Freeze Magazine CDs (Greek electronic music magazines)

thanosp81

Lemon Magazine was a greek magazine dedicated to electronic music and celebrating the rave culture of the time. 

It had a short life span, between 1996 and 2000, but it was full of the energy and the vibe of the time. With articles written from people actively involved in the scene, and with an audio CD included with (most of) the releases, it quickly became a piece of musical history. Especially for greek people.

Seeing as most (if not all) of the CDs are missing from Youtube, I decided to start uploading them one by one. So here is the link for the first CD that came out with the 3rd issue. 

Have a listen and any recommendations are welcomed (since my experience with Youtube uploading is non existent).

If there is demand, I might start uploading PDF scans of all the issues as well. No promises though :) 

Important note: it also includes a Goa Trance track (no. 4). Enjoy!!!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, psytones said:

Cool:) Why not upload the CDs With the scanned Magazine pages on the vid.? Would be (even more) epic *

I thought about it. But, that would take much more time, something I don't currently have. And also, all the magazines are in Greece (and I leave in UK). So it has to be a future project. And, finally, I know a lot of greek speaking people would love to (re)read those, so not very efficient when they are part of a youtube video :)

I think the best would be to add a pdf link on the Youtube video description.

Issue #4 of Lemon magazine (and the first one I bought) came with the 2nd volume of Master Output. Track 8 is the one to listen to. A simply but utterly mystical downtempo track.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Only 1 CD remaining to upload (the compilation by Greg Staikos), so here is the latest addition that will interest our group.

At the same time I started uploading CDs from Freeze Magazine. The spiritual successor of Lemon, another greek magazine dedicated to electronic music with a CD (usually more than just one) in every issue.

The first issue came with some Nitzh O Not (uplifting psychedelic or tsifteteli trance as called in Greece back then) tracks. I have no interest in that genre but I know some ppl form this forum might appreciate it more.

• thanosp81 changed the title to Lemon & Freeze Magazine CDs (Greek electronic music magazines)
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanos! You brought back some memories :)
 was always buying Lemon magazine when visiting greece and I still have that Space Goblin CD somewhere. 
I remember David (battle of the future Buddhas) took out 2 pages with pictures of him playing in Athens from one of the magizes i had. 
I always tried to find the Lemon magazine with Etnica but never manage to find it. If you have it, feel free to scan :D 

:) Every month I would look at the kiosks (periptero) to see if the new issue was out. Especially the first issues caught the rave culture 100%. Lots of memories. I've kept all the issues (only missing the 1st) and I plan to scan them sometime. But for now they are in my parents' house but in Greece :)

• 3 weeks later...

Keeping up with uploading Lemon and Freeze magazines CDs and here are 3 uploads that are definitely of interest to our forum. Psy-Harmonics, Phonokol and a compilation by G. Staikos. Enjoy and subscribe for more :)