Morphic Resonance - Extrasensory Perception (Suntrip Records)

https://suntriprecords.bandcamp.com/album/extrasensory-perception

https://open.spotify.com/album/0rSBL7941yuntGX8l2a7Ic?si=bQqnhIizRsO-HD0PkwjaXw

a2053180711_10.jpg

1. Morphic Moon 10:16

2. Xenex 10:22

3. Extrasensory Perception 09:03

4.Insanity 12:01

5. Subliminal 10:35

6. Unreal Remix 09:16

7. Hypnoman 09:14

8. Borg Madness 08:44

Morphic Resonance is back with a 3rd nightish acidic goa-trance album from an alien world! The big difference with his previous albums? The production quality! Cristian Fernandez from Spain managed to upgrade his producing skills big time without losing his analog touch and this resulted in his best album so far without any doubt! After testing his new music on many parties and festivals around the world he was finally satisfied with his newest work: Extasensory Perception! Smashing powerful darker goa-trance for psychedelic minds that miss the old school influenced night music!

credits

released March 3, 2023

Written & Produced by: Cristian Fernandez Font
Mastering by: Tim Schuldt
Artwork by: Rodolpho Morais

I, uhhhh, just came across this on youtube (for whatever that is worth) and uhhh... this is pretty damn good. I remember Morphic Resonance and I remember he had some sort of notion about things that I understood. Oh well... I feel like a borg or something from time to time, but you know, there are some things that happen in this world that make me smile, and this album is it.

Are you sure his name is not Cristiano Ronaldo? I am a dumb American who uhhhh............. didn't vote for Trump but you know, I feel the nuclear radiation soaking in every day and I think I need to make something now. I think I spoke too much. Bye.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Halosian said:

Is track one Morphic Moon a remix of one my songs? :) I remember Cristian once asked me if he could do that, must have been like 7 years ago now..

Damn I remember posting a thread about your website a long time ago! Yeah some of those melodies sound the exact same. Interesting you weren't credited (unless it's in the booklet). Edit: apparently it's not.

Are you still planning on releasing that album by the way? It'd be an apt fit for https://unreleasedgoarecords.bandcamp.com/

• Like 1

On 3/4/2023 at 11:14 AM, Penzoline said:

Damn I remember posting a thread about your website a long time ago! Yeah some of those melodies sound the exact same. Interesting you weren't credited (unless it's in the booklet). Edit: apparently it's not.

Are you still planning on releasing that album by the way? It'd be an apt fit for https://unreleasedgoarecords.bandcamp.com/

I was planning to restart my project last year but Covid and Russia has now halted my plans for yet another year.

I have spent up to hundred hours for some of my tracks and that's what I want to do, making something new with a true spirit. I could rush things and just release another Parallax World (Evolution Spring project, still available on Spotify) but no point in doing that.

I will be doing music for full time in the future, for the rest of my life. This is the purpose of my life.

Artists should be credited and get some recognition of the work they do.

PLUR(?)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I like the first 4 tracks and especially the first 5 minutes of Insanity. That's some of the best acid pieces I've ever heard.
After that it gets weird and too heavy for me. But it sure is an achievement making such complex and aggressive goa.

3 weeks after its release, some comments now that the album's sunk in a bit.

The good:
Cristian turned up his production values a notch while still keeping his sound as gritty and relentless as before. He has a really distinct recognizable sound that sets him far apart from cookie cutter "Neo Goa" (oh fuck how I hate that term used as a genre name). Not really much to say yet on an individual track level, only worth noting is that Borg Madness isn't really my cup of tea.

The meh:
He uses too many recycled samples we've all heard a thousand times before. Maybe he wanted to pay homage to some great tracks from the golden days, but to me their use sounds kinda forced. Thankfully he still doesn't overuse them, so this is quite a minor gripe, but a gripe in any case.

The bad:
This actually has nothing to do with the music itself, but something went really wrong in the QC process when the credits read "All tracks written, produced and mastered by Tim Schuldt 4CN Studios, Germany". I mean what the actual fuck, Suntrip? Usually your releases don't have this level of fuckups.

On 3/6/2023 at 12:12 AM, Penzoline said:

I believe it's a remix of a track with the same title on the last album.

Yep, which makes me wonder which one of this album's tracks he'll remix for his next (?) album XD

• 4 months later...

This probably deserves an entry in the review section but I'm in love with this album. It's my favorite of his so far. I don't mind if some of the sounds are recycled - to me it all sounds fresh. The acid lines are perfect. It's dark and full of energy without getting monotonous or colorless like some dark Goa seems to. This is probably because it's constantly changing and bringing in different interesting sounds and rhythms.

The vocal samples are spot on and I love the track reminscent of the Lone Deranger.

We're so lucky to have this music.

On 3/4/2023 at 3:10 AM, johnb820 said:

I, uhhhh, just came across this on youtube (for whatever that is worth) and uhhh... this is pretty damn good. I remember Morphic Resonance and I remember he had some sort of notion about things that I understood. Oh well... I feel like a borg or something from time to time, but you know, there are some things that happen in this world that make me smile, and this album is it.

Are you sure his name is not Cristiano Ronaldo? I am a dumb American who uhhhh............. didn't vote for Trump but you know, I feel the nuclear radiation soaking in every day and I think I need to make something now. I think I spoke too much. Bye.

😄 Kinda OT but you're subtle description of the nuclear radiation in USA, conjured up some post-apocalyptic Fallout 4 imagery in my mind. Soon we'll be walking AI borg mutant zombies. lol

*Ontopic I haven't heard this album, maybe I should give it a digital spin. I like the artwork, pretty cool. I'm not too familiar with his output so I have no solid idea of what to expect. Is it dark ala UX, or MFG or Crop Circles? Or something entirely different? Because I know that Morphic Resonance did some Pleiadians or Crop Circles remixes on DAT Records in the past. So that's the association I make.