New MiKroMaKro release : " Where Sunbeams Land "

very nice. the square wave leads remind me of when all i had was reason, and subtractor. (around 2003-2006 id say) if anything, turn down the volume of kick just slightly.

but its a great kick, just probably a bit too loud maybe. 

when you say "SC master" does that mean you used the new mastering thing on soundcloud? 

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words. Good tracks come from any period in psy trance and I very much enjoy synthesis and trying to recreate sounds I like. They also lend themselves better to melody than SFX synthesis. I would never use SC mastering or any AI mastering in fact, it's terrible.

Appreciate your opinion.. kick sounds perfect to me (As I am sure you are aware as a counter view...it is quite easy to say change level of kick...  but how does that effect the groove ? Which is exactly how I want it to be. Engineered as such both from synths. It is a bit more "zappy" than on a modern track, that was also planned.

well thats good . i never heard the SC mastering algo so maybe it was used or not, perhaps it works well who knows :)

kick sounds very nice, and perhaps its just the perfect volume. i suppose its slightly subjective. but you saying thats how you want it, i buy that. 

the track sounds very nice. quick reply i know but i just so happened to be online atm

• Like 1

What is interesting is how different kick, bass, snare and open hat levels are (which is a surprisingly important one - Op. Hat) through psy trance tracks. Be it 2007 or 2022. What I have noticed is the levels of these elements  have no influence on whether I fundamentally like the track or not. I would go as far as to say, the right level will be different for each track depending on the kick and bass present. It all influences how the snare lands, also very important. We learn new things with every track hopefully.👍 (First time I have used a percussive top loop or break beat)

2 minutes ago, MikroMakro said:

What is interesting is how different kick, bass, snare and open hat levels (which is a surprisingly important one) are through psy trance tracks. Be it 2007 or 2022. What I have noticed is the levels of these elements  have no influence on whether I fundamentally like the track or not.

aint that the truth. and speaking of your track, ive had it on repeat now a few times and well, im a big fan.. i think i will take back what i said about kick being too loud. maybe. regardless, its a perfect sound and its a new favorite of mine. i wish more psytrance had melodies like this. its really good.

speaking of melodic psytrance i know padmapani has some serious tracks in his chest, just waiting to get released... cant wait until that happen..

• Like 1

Many thanks, I like melody as I think it can help tell some kind of story. I cannot provoke my own emotions with SFX alone... so don't expect to be able to for others. One issue is that with the dominant scales in psy trance it becomes increasingly difficult to create new melodies, 30 years of Phrygian notes has only so many permutations, this is more Minor with Phrygian embellishments which works well.. So for modern stuff I note we get more "implied" melodies that set up a feel/mood rather than a string of notes.

Each to their own mind you, it's a broad church ! And that is a good thing.