The TWS Thread

Tsotsi

It's 2022 and wireless technology is in. 

For those of you using true wireless earbuds what are you picks?

I've used the: Fiil T1 Pro, Earfun Free Pro 2, Nuarl N6 Pro 2, Nuarl N6 Mini2se, Oppo Enco X, Morph Infinniconnect and some Pamu models.

with my favourite being the Nuarl Range for reproduction of Goa, psytrance and psybient style music.

WF-1000XM3 is what i used for a while and thought they were pretty good. but i had it on loan from a friend and returned them after we became incommunicado. no matter, still have the sennheiser IE-8. but with phones no longer having 3.5 i have to use a freaking dongle with built in dac.

btw to the senior above maybe you should think about upgrading those ancient plasticy crappy things to something you can actually enjoy.. its your golden years isnt it? you deserve some proper cans while you enjoy that whiskey after your great grand kids finally left the house and took that bloody dog with them

• Haha 1

On 11/16/2022 at 9:35 AM, technosomy said:

dinosaur warning ahead i use
sennheiser HD280 PRO
had since before you were born sonny, used through all my dj years and now retired to watching movies and listening to the odd boom boom on youtube

Just like me dad ;)

You would probably be impressed with the SQ of of the Sennheiser MTW3. But as all you from the 90's know, it's hard to beat a classic. 

23 hours ago, astralprojection said:

the sennheiser IE-8. but with phones no longer having 3.5 i have to use a freaking dongle with built in dac

Ooph I once swore I would never go away from headphones. now I swear I won't pick a phone without a 3.5, I'm sure that will one-day change as well.

Tws are my new addiction, there are a couple of cheaper brands with better sound and features than the Sony as well as a guy that's tuned a $100 aud pair to sound better than them too.

23 hours ago, astralprojection said:

WF-1000XM3 is what i used for a while and thought they were pretty good. but i had it on loan from a friend and returned them after we became incommunicado. no matter, still have the sennheiser IE-8. but with phones no longer having 3.5 i have to use a freaking dongle with built in dac.

btw to the senior above maybe you should think about upgrading those ancient plasticy crappy things to something you can actually enjoy.. its your golden years isnt it? you deserve some proper cans while you enjoy that whiskey after your great grand kids finally left the house and took that bloody dog with them

what's that you say there sonny?? i have acute earing
that ancient plastic crap is doing just fine, they have been kicked, thrown at dark psy dj's, and thrown in the air for real breaks and still look like they come out of the box, unlike the fry your brain cordless i rubbish you AI kids listen to and throw away for the latest upgrade, in the mean time i get to spend the money you spend on crappy chinese parallel imports on real whiskey whitlin on the porch

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, technosomy said:

thrown at dark psy dj's

lol

fair enough granpa. but honestly you could do much better than those hd280 pro, you have a whole world of headphones to chose from, no need for any parallell imports. akg k812, focal spirit, at r70x or beyer dt 1990 pro just to name a few.. and if you  like sennheiser than a vintage HD540 is just amazin

1 hour ago, Tsotsi said:

Just like me dad ;)

You would probably be impressed with the SQ of of the Sennheiser MTW3. But as all you from the 90's know, it's hard to beat a classic. 

Ooph I once swore I would never go away from headphones. now I swear I won't pick a phone without a 3.5, I'm sure that will one-day change as well.

Tws are my new addiction, there are a couple of cheaper brands with better sound and features than the Sony as well as a guy that's tuned a $100 aud pair to sound better than them too.

tws seem like a fun (but expensive) hobby. but if you had to chose 1 pair, which would be the very best? no matter the price.

49 minutes ago, astralprojection said:

lol

fair enough granpa. but honestly you could do much better than those hd280 pro, you have a whole world of headphones to chose from, no need for any parallell imports. akg k812, focal spirit, at r70x or beyer dt 1990 pro just to name a few.. and if you  like sennheiser than a vintage HD540 is just amazin

i think will just stick with what i got, if it aint broke and all that, couldn't break these if you try

Ooooh! Great topic and I need to go through a take some notes.
I use a pair of OnePlus Buds that came in a package deal with my current phone.
They are not great. They are okay but I would never actually encourage anyone to go buy them.

I also have a paid of Sennheiser over the ear ones (HD 4.40BT). I rarely use them anymore though. Prefer the in-ear for regular walks/commuting/working out.

I really want a new set of something though and will use this as a potential shopping list.

On 11/17/2022 at 11:14 PM, astralprojection said:

tws seem like a fun (but expensive) hobby. but if you had to chose 1 pair, which would be the very best? no matter the price.

It is. Goa trance albums and tws are my current addiction.

As for the best. I don't care even a little bit about ANC, transparency mode or other special little features. Sound quality is all I care about. 

The Noble Fokus Pro are the top of the list for SQ hands down.

I haven't tried these ones but word on the street is that they are either better or on par with Noble, the Victor HA-FW1000t. Less practical for exercise which is when I use mine the most.

I use the Nuarl range though and can't recommend them enough, don't know how they aren't more popular. I have my first pair of Victor on the way, the ha-fx150t, sound signatures are quite similar across the Victor range so I'll tell you if they beat the Nuarl.

On 11/18/2022 at 10:12 AM, the goa constrictor said:

I really want a new set of something though and will use this as a potential shopping list.

I gotchu covered.

For sound quality above all else

1. Noble Fokus Pro
  2. Victor HA-FW1000t
  3. Beoplay EX
  4. Audio Technica ATH-TWX9
  5. Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro 2
  6. Soundcore Liberty Pro 3
  7. Nuarl N6 Pro 2 / Nuarl N6 Mini 2se

For features balanced with sound quality

1. Audio Technica ATH-TWX9
  2. Beoplay EX
  3. Sony linkbuds s
  4. Sennheiser MTW3
  5. Bose QC2
  6. Soundcore Liberty Pro 4

Bose and Sony have the best anc but I think a very generic sound signature.

And if you want cheap and cheerful the Soundcore range and Earfun range deliver great results.

so many brands out there. I get a bit obsessive before I order even a $80 pair reading every review and trawling the tws forums like my life depends on it.

If you want something kinda like the oneplus buds with the stem that have incredible features and call quality the Oppo Enco X 2 is actually maybe one of the best out there.

• Thanks 2

very nice tsotsi. If im ever in the need for another pair of in ears, ill probably buy a pair of tws since well, its just nice with no cables. Thanks for your expertise on the matter :)

one thing i found annoying with the sonys i had, was the latency.. i guess thats an issue with bluetooth tho and not sony per se. how is the current gen of bluetooth fairing with delay? lets say you play a game on your phone, sometimes i play hearthstone on the go and it was a bit annoying to hear the sound nearly 1sec later than the visual.

1 hour ago, astralprojection said:

one thing i found annoying with the sonys i had, was the latency.. i guess thats an issue with bluetooth tho and not sony per se. how is the current gen of bluetooth fairing with delay? lets say you play a game on your phone, sometimes i play hearthstone on the go and it was a bit annoying to hear the sound nearly 1sec later than the visual

You will go near to none or no latency issues with most of the current gen of TWS for videos. They mostly all use the latest gen of Qualcomm and Bluetooth 5.2 with a lot starting on Bluetooth 5.3. 

There are heaps being made specifically for gaming now, the new Angry Miao Cyber Blades are pretty lit for gaming and cool in a lot of other ways. But even cheaper pairs tackle gaming specifically with apps that give you "gaming mode" which brings latency down even further. 

If you want to double check hit me up  ;) or try to find a review online, they'll normally touch on it.