help me find similar tracks, artists or albums (goa, medodic goa and modern goa)

Arti

Hi all!  I listened back in 2005-2010 to psy, goa and other trance music.  in 2020 started listening again and fell in love with psy again.  all in all.  need advice. plz help me
 1. Discovered Goa in a new way from the tracks: nova fractal - out of reach, e-mantra - praying forest (short version), nova fractal - lost souls, several tracks of artifact303.  in general, I like a more e-mantra, nova fractal, filteria, ethereal tracks.  I can't figure out what genre it is.  modern goa or melodic goa?  It's hard to find tracks like this.  what I like about these tracks is that the whole track is varied.  not a couple of beats and samples that are repeated throughout the track, but a varied sound throughout the track.  and a nice non-pop melody.  I will be glad if you tell me some similar artists or tracks.

2. I was also pleasantly surprised and very impressed with Atomo's music.  in particular tracks future music, slow motion and pace full dreams.  is this forest psy?  but when looking for a similar dark/forest, I ran into a problem - all the music is not as melodic as atomo.  there is a similar dark/forest to be softer and more melodic or something.

sorry, my English is not good

Hello Arti,

for point 1) I am sure there are more than a dozen people here who would give better recommendations than me ... I can only say: "old school" we used to call that style (I am not aware that it has got any other name yet) - and with "melodic" you are also on the right train, say, "melodic old school goa"...
Do check out the other stuff from Suntrip Records, I'm sure that totally floats your boat - they have lots of stuff like this on their label and many of the atrists I'd recommend you have released there- such as RA, Dimension 5 ...
If you want to have a recommendation outside of Suntrip, I say Man With No Name. That one won't disappoint either.

for point 2) I might have to say something - I didn't know Atomos, checked him out = yes, nice. I do like that it's not so generic like most modern fullon and it's a little slower. However, I do not like the triplets, he uses these far too much _and I mean far too much_ in my opinion.
As I listened to the track "Eden of Life" it struck me though: wait, this is a bit Etnoscope style! Yes, a lot - there's lots of that essence in the melodies over the beat, indeed. Then I read your description above ... you seem to look for something "foresty", but not like real forest psy - I am sure Etnoscope is for you!

You can get their second album _for free_ at Ektoplazm - shout out to Basilisk here, donate him some BAT if you care ;) - under this link: https://ektoplazm.com/free-music/etnoscope-way-over-deadline

Here's one for prelisten:

:wub:

25 minutes ago, RTP said:

Hello Arti,

for point 1) I am sure there are more than a dozen people here who would give better recommendations than me ... I can only say: "old school" we used to call that style (I am not aware that it has got any other name yet) - and with "melodic" you are also on the right train, say, "melodic old school goa"...
Do check out the other stuff from Suntrip Records, I'm sure that totally floats your boat - they have lots of stuff like this on their label and many of the atrists I'd recommend you have released there- such as RA, Dimension 5 ...
If you want to have a recommendation outside of Suntrip, I say Man With No Name. That one won't disappoint either.

for point 2) I might have to say something - I didn't know Atomos, checked him out = yes, nice. I do like that it's not so generic like most modern fullon and it's a little slower. However, I do not like the triplets, he uses these far too much _and I mean far too much_ in my opinion.
As I listened to the track "Eden of Life" it struck me though: wait, this is a bit Etnoscope style! Yes, a lot - there's lots of that essence in the melodies over the beat, indeed. Then I read your description above ... you seem to look for something "foresty", but not like real forest psy - I am sure Etnoscope is for you!

You can get their second album _for free_ at Ektoplazm - shout out to Basilisk here, donate him some BAT if you care ;) - under this link: https://ektoplazm.com/free-music/etnoscope-way-over-deadline

Here's one for prelisten:

:wub:

Hi. Thx for feedback. But you confused Atomos with Atomo.  please see this -

this is a cool soft and melodic forest. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arti said:

Hi. Thx for feedback. But you confused Atomos with Atomo.  please see this -

this is a cool soft and melodic forest. 

...well that was a good grip right into the bongwater on my side then :lol:

This is proper good though, I like it :wub:
It almost reminds me of Hux Flux ... melody-wise ... the track vibrates in the same way like old Hux Flux did, only a little faster. Modern Hux Flux is ... not the same, yours sounds like it would be a better successor...

.. however, try this:

What do you think?

Hey @Arti,

For point 1) - The music you're describing is the modern version of Goa. Although as @RTP pointed out you will find more of the variation in track structure and melody in the old school stuff.

I normally recommend labels over individual artists as it will give you broader range of artists to get into with different takes on the style. However over all it seems the artists you like I consider the more computerised sound with super clean and tight production. It's super cosmic. Also one of my favourite styles.

I would 100% recommend Crossing Mind. Their Inner Shift  album is so tight and clean with huge floating uplifting melodies.

After that look into Global Sect Musics Catalogue. I'd recommend anything from it but imo one of the best compilations of modern Goa ever released is their 3 cd Terraformer release. There is a pretty wide variety of current artists on the release and you can find their full albums from there based on whose style you like the most.

There are so many recommendation I could make so I'll save you a little time and just put down some that fit within the style you posted with Nova and E-Mantra although those two are pretty unique in their skill set (but you will find a lot of their 'sound' being used elsewhere)

Median Project
Atlantis
Celestial Intelligence
Antares
Fiery Dawn
Ephedra
Ra

Neogoa Records are also going to be your friends here

I find Bandcamp to be the best place to go for Goa, happy hunting amigo and rock on :)  

Oh and I got nothing on point 2..... :P

6 hours ago, Tsotsi said:

Hey @Arti,

For point 1) - The music you're describing is the modern version of Goa. Although as @RTP pointed out you will find more of the variation in track structure and melody in the old school stuff.

I normally recommend labels over individual artists as it will give you broader range of artists to get into with different takes on the style. However over all it seems the artists you like I consider the more computerised sound with super clean and tight production. It's super cosmic. Also one of my favourite styles.

I would 100% recommend Crossing Mind. Their Inner Shift  album is so tight and clean with huge floating uplifting melodies.

After that look into Global Sect Musics Catalogue. I'd recommend anything from it but imo one of the best compilations of modern Goa ever released is their 3 cd Terraformer release. There is a pretty wide variety of current artists on the release and you can find their full albums from there based on whose style you like the most.

There are so many recommendation I could make so I'll save you a little time and just put down some that fit within the style you posted with Nova and E-Mantra although those two are pretty unique in their skill set (but you will find a lot of their 'sound' being used elsewhere)

Median Project
Atlantis
Celestial Intelligence
Antares
Fiery Dawn
Ephedra
Ra

Neogoa Records are also going to be your friends here

I find Bandcamp to be the best place to go for Goa, happy hunting amigo and rock on :)  

Oh and I got nothing on point 2..... :P

Big respect to you.  you gave me information to find cool music for a couple of weeks

• Thanks 1

On 4/15/2022 at 2:26 AM, Arti said:

@Tsotsi

I listened to the song and I advise you. This is just a killer set in the style of new goa

(2011) Artifact303 & E-Mantra & Eleusyn - Psychedelic Vision Vol.1-2 (DJ Set)

If you throw such live I will be grateful

I saw you're other post as well. I stick to albums and ep's and rarely listen to sets so I have literally nothing to recommend. 

@the goa constrictor might be the guy to step in here if he is still around. He has a great collection of sets on mixcloud and would have a great list of them to get you going.