Filteria - Live with the Lag (5th album - Suntrip Records)

Filteria is back with "Live With the Lag", a dazzling 9-track trance & dance experience where the artist demonstrates he can take you anywhere through his melodic mastery!
Drawn from his experience of wrecking havoc on countless dancefloors and festivals across the globe, Filteria's 5th studio album connects with the listener's emotions in the original meaning of Goatrance!

Tracklist: 
1. Filernaut (Feat. Ukiro) 
2. ACME Never Failed 
3. Crimefighter Frog 
4. Nostalgia Is Hard To Buy 
5. Chase The Future 
6. Reploids 
7. Conquer Gravity (Feat. Pleiadians) 
8. 4 Stages Of Life 
9. Made Out Of Trance 

Pre-order page: https://suntriprecords.bandcamp.com/album/live-with-the-lag
Release date: 29/4/2022

Samples: 

Artwork: 

a0638511545_10.jpg

• Like 1

• Anoebis changed the title to Filteria - Live with the Lag (5th album - Suntrip Records)
  • 4 weeks later...

Seems like "crazy melodies with tons of energy" filteria is back :) for good or worse, ofc ^^ I like the more "calmed down and retrospective with intense melody filteria", rather than "dancefloor mayhem filteria". Which I suppose could be one and the same :P

for now it seems Made out of Trance is my favorite. Gonna be something special hearing it all in CD quality later. Have certainly been waiting a looong time for this album!

super excited. bring those Square basses back!

On 4/24/2022 at 6:43 PM, Filteria said:

Yeiii :) i hope you will like it guys 

We doo!! 

Not sure yet but '4 stages of life' might be my favourite track. At least it is very beutiful and warm.

'Crimefighter Frog' has a great twist, element of surprise :D And track title. 

This new album sounds strangely highpassed and even phasey on a few tracks.

I cant put my finger on it specifically, but there is something off with the sound for sure, and a simple comparison confirms it..

heres a short clip with Filternaut first, then Perpetually delayed voayge. Then its Crimefighter frog, and Wormhole. all downloaded from youtube @ 128kbit btw, so to be equal as far as encoding goes. I randomly picked 2 older tracks i like and 2 new tracks from the album

https://voca.ro/14RuibMvTm9h

I didnt make this post to shit on filteria, but theres something wrong here, and you can just compare for yourselves to hear it. But noone is talking about it. 

Honestly thats not my only concern with this album, it also sounds phasey in some tracks, aswell as the highs sounding way too software for some reason. (plasticy, non-clean, maybe even aliasing) Its like a downgrade all around since his previous album.

Im not speaking about the music btw, Ive not really listened to the music yet, since all i can hear is the downgrade in quality and it boggles my mind. I thought filteria was immune to this effect that Ive been seing on suntrip (and also other labels tbh) the last few years. The sound has just become worse and worse over time. But obviously Filteria wouldnt succumb to that? Surely there is some quality control here? Filteria has the whole Neo Goa scene on his back, his music has been the Standard Bearer for so long. This album surely is not up there as far as sound goes. Music, who knows, if you cant enjoy the sound, youll never listen to it properly.. so the music is in a way lost here.

And I dont care what you say, how wrong i am, etc, I cannot unhear what i hear. And thats coming from a filteria fanboy.

Interesting observation, how you mean "The sound has just become worse and worse over time"
Actually, we are working with Tim Schuldt since 2004, and well, thats basically it?

As for this album, some tracks were mixed literally 50+ times to satisfie Jannis completely soundwise. There is no way of arguing if someone doesnt like the sound, but its exactly the way Jannis likes it (and we too) :) 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Anoebis said:

Interesting observation, how you mean "The sound has just become worse and worse over time"
Actually, we are working with Tim Schuldt since 2004, and well, thats basically it?

As for this album, some tracks were mixed literally 50+ times to satisfie Jannis completely soundwise. There is no way of arguing if someone doesnt like the sound, but its exactly the way Jannis likes it (and we too) :) 

I realise Im the "odd one out" with this observation. Well, honestly the releases hasnt been going up in quality, lets just say that instead of saying its been going down. Im not sure what it is because I have 0 insight in behind the scenes both mixing and mastering, so I wont even try to go there. I can only guess on my own part, to what it might or might not be. In some cases its probably the artist and not even anything to do with post.. 

In this case, it seems filteria himself is at "fault" for what Im hearing, since you say it was mixed that many times, and Tim Schuldt is a great ME. Maybe he (Filteria) just has a different sonic idea this time, that I subjectively happen to find "worse" than before, and I can buy that. But still it doesnt remove from the fact that I am disappointed.. and find it hard to appreciate this album :( But I will survive, its not the end of the world. :)

edit: but I am a bit perplexed as to how I seem to be the only one hearing the difference (so far). Time will tell I suppose :) 

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with astralprojection to some extent. My interpretation is that probably there is a desire to "not sound like full-on" which is so strong that the mixing/mastering ends up getting quite thin. With the new Khetzal I literally checked my mixer console if the mid-eq knob was down to -6db or something. It was not, the music was supposed to sound like that. For the new Filteria it's less pronounced but the phenomenon is still there.

This aside I think musically there is some very good stuff here and in general it's just nice to see the old heros back in action.

I will write my professional opinion as well: This new album sounds very clean, transparent and warm. Has lots dynamics, the mixes breath and does not get you tired like some squashed to hell modern tracks.  It is interesting musically, lots of story telling inside. So, very well done album from Filteria, hard work appreciated!

• Like 1