silicon sound - memento sample

astralprojection

from what i can hear she says something along the lines of

"they're memories. and the memories arent even mine".

"there/they're a planet that i never walked on. and war/words such cruelty i cant concieve." that sentence makes very little sense so its either chopped up or my ears needs a checkup. or both

05:22

I interpret/hear it as ”and wars of such cruelty” maybe ”world wars who’s cruely…”

Cool sample whatever she says, it definitely sounds as from a prologue to a movie. Similar to when Sarah Connor talks about Skynet in the beginning of T2.

Either way she seems to have some implanted alien memories lol. Or maybe somekind of future prophecy? :) 

It's definitely: "They're memories, and the memories aren't even mine.  They're a planet that I've never walked on, and wars whose cruelty I can't conceive."

It does sound a bit like Sarah Connor from Terminator, but I can't see any dialogue like that in those films.  It's been on my list of unknown sample sources for a while!

3 hours ago, astralprojection said:

just thought "they are a planet" didnt make much sense, but yeah i do hear the same as you. Damn wonder what the movie could be. It took me about 15 years to find the sampel for "ozaka oz - real nightmare" and i hope this isnt one of those scenarios :p

The best starting point is to narrow it down somewhat. When was the track released? My guess would be that the movie is probably from the 90’s and onwards. Doesn’t sound like an 80’s movie, but then again I could be wrong. Since there were some really groundbreaking/timeless and very modern sounding/looking movies made then as well. And yeah even the late 70’s with Alien had some cutting edge stuff as well. My bet would be something like same era as Species, The Matrix and Independence day. If the track is from the mid/late 00’s then that of course increases the search field a lot.

The animated Finaly Fantasy movie The Spirits Within, had a lot of dialogue in this same style of content. Also the original Total Recall and the later remake of Total Recall as well deals with these type of themes. Of implanted memories/memories of another life. Hone in on that aspect and try to find movies which deals with such scenarios.