Psyshop closed its doors?

pedro

It would’ve been nice if Psyshop themselves issued a statement like the one Mushroom Magazine did now. Prior to closing, and not just disappered over night. I’m just hoping everything gets sorted out for all the affected labels. It could very well send ripples across the scene, and perhaps lead to some labels folding. As pointed out by Goa Madness Records.

Mushroom Magazine should quote the owner of Psyshop. And perhaps let som affected labels voices be heard too. Maybe that’s why they quoted Sheyba? I don’t know about every label/artist that was available on Psyshop. I would imagine it probably was the the entire scene more or less. (at least all the major labels).

I agree about issuing an official statement instead of just going "poff" "gone" ^_^ .. About labels having Physical releases at their (Psyshop's) hub, I think you have to seperate Psyshop the music shop, and Psyshop the Distribution channel. I.E. both Goa Madness, Kali Earth, Suntrip and many more are at Beatspace Distribution https://beatspace-goamadness.bandcamp.com/  .. About digital and physical record labels using Psyshop distribution and having sales statements with money owed to them left, and physicals at their hub. I know nothing about. Xhopeitallworxout

Personally I wanted/intended to move my label over from Beatspace to Psyshop distribution. No complaints from me about Beatspace though

4 minutes ago, psytones said:

I agree about issuing an official statement instead of just going "poff" "gone" ^_^ .. About labels having Physical releases at their (Psyshop's) hub, I think you have to seperate Psyshop the music shop, and Psyshop the Distribution channel. I.E. both Goa Madness, Kali Earth, Suntrip and many more are at Beatspace Distribution https://beatspace-goamadness.bandcamp.com/  .. About digital and physical record labels using Psyshop distribution and having sales statements with money owed to them left, and physicals at their hub. I know nothing about. Xhopeitallworxout

Yeah thanks for the info! It seems complex indeed. :) 

To make things clear. Most goa labels work via beatspace or Arabesque, and they put their music at Psyshop "for us". But well, its still shitty for the labels and distributors as there are big stocks left at Psyshop and at once all is "gone" for now. Lets wait and see what happens. The same happened with Saiksounds. We never saw our backstock back... I hope the Deutsche Grundlichkheit will prove better! 

Interesting I had to dig around to find the old thread about Saikosounds. I wasn’t active when that one closed. Seems almost like a Déjà vu experience. 

https://www.psynews.org/forums/topic/65903-whats-happened-to-saikosounds/

On 10/12/2021 at 7:08 AM, Hems said:

Some serious detective work here. Im liking it.  Based on the awesome sleuthing above, i mailed geomagnetic.  Le’s see if they respond. .   

Thank you a lot, I'm humbled ... and I admit: I'm very curious about what they will reply.

It would be less unusual if there were frequent shipments - but there's only that one container :huh:

I'm very happy though that my post did not act as trigger, I admit I was a little worried ... but as said: it shows what people are thinking and digging up if a business "just vanishes" without any info...

I have, by the way, dug a lot in the german directory of "Insolvenzen" (I don't know the English word - it's when a business goes defunct) ... but I could not find anything :(

On 10/12/2021 at 11:25 AM, Hems said:

finding some posts on facebook....

image.thumb.png.0bb4f1452abbd48c5be46ce05e2be8c2.png

Thanks for the link...

...but: WHY, of all, Kristian Thinning? That reference in there, It just caught my eye :D

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, RTP said:

...but: WHY, of all, Kristian Thinning? That reference in there, It just caught my eye :D

Didn't understand that either, but I assume it's meant as "thanks" for the constant drama. Might be wrong though.

Sad to see Psyshop disappear even though I've rarely bought music in the last couple of years.

• Haha 2

On 10/15/2021 at 10:30 PM, RTP said:

Because they quoted him in the same post. Also confused me at first, but it's just because of that quote, nothing else.

On 10/15/2021 at 10:30 PM, RTP said:

Thank you a lot, I'm humbled ... and I admit: I'm very curious about what they will reply.

No response yet :( and I suspect I may never get one. In the mean time, i've gone on a bit of a shopping spree at Bandcamp and Beatspace. I needed the therapy . LOL! I just hope that Psyshop does not leave artists and labels out of pocket, which appears to be the case based on some of the posts I've seen. :(

On 10/19/2021 at 9:19 AM, Agneton said:

Because they quoted him in the same post. Also confused me at first, but it's just because of that quote, nothing else.

Ahhhh I understand, they just quoted his "goodbye" message...

...I assume he knew little about how long he'll still be talked about :lol:

On 10/19/2021 at 3:23 PM, Hems said:

No response yet :( and I suspect I may never get one. In the mean time, i've gone on a bit of a shopping spree at Bandcamp and Beatspace. I needed the therapy . LOL! I just hope that Psyshop does not leave artists and labels out of pocket, which appears to be the case based on some of the posts I've seen. :(

that's unfortunate ... and yes it seems that this is the case...

...however, if it really way a justified and properly executed "Insolvenz" of the company, these artists and labels can pose as individual parties which Psyshop owes money and who also will get some, if the company is disbanded ... it won't be the full sum, but it should not be nothing either as there should be stocks left and stuff that was company property ... however, I could not find anything in the german directory of these defunct businesses, maybe somebody who's among the people whom Psyshop owes money has the position to inquire further?

• Like 1

• 8 months later...