OOOD - 'Deep Flight' album release

Hello peeps, it's been a while :) Just thought you might like to know OOOD have just released our 6th album 'Deep Flight', on Iboga Records.  Here's the blurb:

It has been nearly 9 years since OOOD's 5th artist album "You Think You Are" was released on Vertigo Records, but the wait is finally over and Iboga Records is proud to announce that on Friday September 24th 2021, we will be releasing their 6th album "Deep Flight". With this album, OOOD have taken everything they have learned in 27 years of writing and producing together and distilled it into 11 deeply groovy, trance-inducing tracks. "Deep Flight" is slower and deeper than their earlier albums but is still unmistakeably OOOD, with each track standing as a unique and distinctive waypoint on the progressive leg of their journey through the mostly unexplored landscape of psychedelic dance music. Every location we visit on this less-trodden path has its own identity - its own geography, language, flora and fauna. The views are vibrant and crystal clear and although each environment is different, the band's characteristic voice and perspective links them all. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts and listening to the album from start to finish is intensely rewarding, reminding us that – in life as in music - the journey is the destination. Nobody else could have written this album, and no other label could have released it. OOOD – "Deep Flight" album – released September 24th on Iboga Records.

You can check out clips and buy the album on Beatport here: https://iboga.fanlink.to/gf45. You can also get the album on the Iboga/Beatspace Bandcamp page, but obviously if you wanted to buy at Beatport you'd be helping with charts and visibility and whatnot :)

You can also listen to the entire album here: 

Cover art by Onam Yahav:

1107241394_Artwork-3000x3000.thumb.jpg.269a6d17f98adc1e5ad3d5e190a4876c.jpg

Hope you like it :) If you do, please let us know!

Lots of love,

Colin

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Colin OOOD said:

You can also get the album on the Iboga/Beatspace Beatport page, but obviously if you wanted to buy at Beatport you'd be helping with charts and visibility and whatnot :)

I guess you meant to say "Iboga/Beatspace Bandcamp page ;)

https://iboga-beatspace.bandcamp.com/album/deep-flight

Which is good since I don't use Beatport.

That being said, I haven't cared much about "psytrance" in years, but you guys are an exception. I'd really like to see an actual CD next to all your other albums in my collection, but I guess Bandcamp is the way to go.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Paul Eye said:

I guess you meant to say "Iboga/Beatspace Bandcamp page ;)

https://iboga-beatspace.bandcamp.com/album/deep-flight

Oops! Thanks, good spot! Edited.

18 minutes ago, Paul Eye said:

I'd really like to see an actual CD next to all your other albums in my collection, but I guess Bandcamp is the way to go.

There's nothing we would have liked more ourselves, but sadly this time it was not to be. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to hearing it!

EDIT: so, after listening to it around 10x I have to say this was the weakest, most boring and predictable OOOD album, paling in comparison to Free Range not to mention Voice of Cod albums that are still among the top-10 psytrance albums of all time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/4/2021 at 5:35 AM, antic604 said:

Looking forward to hearing it!

EDIT: so, after listening to it around 10x I have to say this was the weakest, most boring and predictable OOOD album, paling in comparison to Free Range not to mention Voice of Cod albums that are still among the top-10 psytrance albums of all time.

Shame you didn't like it, although it's maybe not surprising as if I recall correctly you've always been more a fan of the oldschool side of things, which this isn't :)  We can't please everyone, and as ever we weren't trying to.  In any case, thanks for giving it a solid try, I don't think I've listened through to the whole thing 10 times yet and I helped make it! :D