Goa Trance tracks with Alien/Sci-Fi themes.

HolyLight

1 minute ago, the goa constrictor said:

I made a mix for a person's radio show all focused on aliens and UFOs

"A UFO Alien Contact"

Track list has a few extra tracks for ya =)

Thanks will take listen and hopefully find some gems I haven’t heard before. :) 

5 hours ago, Themaniac said:

Goa Trance - either drugs or aliens.. sometimes both.

You forgot the Hinduistic, Buddhistic, Ancient Egyptian and overall spiritual themes. :P Although I think there might be a less frequent use of the Hinduistic themes nowadays?

I don’t know I’m not up to speed with all the new stuff. It used to be synonymous with the genre before atleast. I think there might’ve been a shift, in the popularity of certain themes. With the Neogoa wave. For example I get the impression, that what we might refer to as the Pleiadian-style. Became very influential, thus favouring cosmic themes with a certain degree of Scifi-flair.

And the other big stylistic influence on the Neogoa, has of course been Astral Projection. Which is also a very cosmos-oriented Goa style.

As for Neogoa with a pronounced alien theme, Goasia springs to mind. With their debut album From Other Spaces. It was a very oriental album as well.

I think the New Age umbrella houses all the abovementioned themes. So in a way Goa Trance, has been reflective of the types of themes. That are usually explored in products of that style. 

Then we have some Cyberpunk influences. Which is perhaps outside the realm of New Age. But there might be some overlap. The cyberpunk influences might be more common in Psytrance though? I sometimes associate Industrial influences with a Cyberpunk sensibility. Such as with UX and Syb Unitty Nettwerk. Which to my ears at times had a certain Cyberpunk/Industrial feel. :) 

2 hours ago, the goa constrictor said:

Cyberpunks believe in aliens too =) =) =)

They sure do. :D They’re some real Cyberspace punks.

• 2 weeks later...

Eat Static, alien sci-fi numero uno. Abduction and Implant, the first two albums are one of my favorites. But the alien theme has been there even until today. Dead Planet and Last Ship To Paradise. =))

And of course Almost Human, released on Alien Records in 1992.

• Like 1

• HolyLight changed the title to Goa Trance tracks with Alien/Sci-Fi themes.
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2021 at 10:12 PM, winterelegy said:

Isn't like 80% of Goa about aliens? lol. Anyway, here is a great track with a sample about aliens in the beginning:

Indeed, it’s quite an hallmark/obsession of the genre. I sometimes wonder, what some potential visitors to this planet would think about this music? 

And how would their own music sound if they had something similar in their cultural repertoaire? If they exist I hope they join a forest party some day. ;) :D 

Contains a sample which I don't know the source of:  "We were flying along on a H20 bomber very much like this one, and we are coming south with [...] and we are just about the same altitude [...] about 5000 feet above the ground with something [...] in the back of the airplane reported before, then we had bright light coming down toward the aircraft behind us."

damn now i wanna know

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Heres a dark space themed mix. 

*PROJECT 2501*

-DERELICT SPACE BEACON-

1. SANDMAN - SHOCKWAVE

2. HUX FLUX - TIME SLICES

3. BAMBOO FOREST - BARATRUC

4. UNCONCIOUS COLLECTIVE - SYNCHRONICITY CONVERGER

5. TECHNOSSOMY - V.T.O.L

6. KOXBOX - SPACE INTERFACE