Olli Wisdom aka Space Tribe passed away

technosomy

i can't believe this
swear i saw him not long ago here in australia, but from what i understand was in the UK
true pioneer of our movement right from day 1
legendary status in my eyes
music speaks for itself
space tribe mix up in store tonight in memorium

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

RIP Oli Wisdom/Space Tribe! Shouldn’t this be in the general section? 

I need to dig through his discography today, I noticed while browsing discogs that his Goa Trance albums from the 90’s feature some very interesting collabs. Simon Posford for example. My only real memory was from the 1999 era. My friend had purchased the then brand new album:

https://www.discogs.com/Space-Tribe-2000-OD/master/1536

Which made quite an impression, it was something new. The sound was different, everything was moving into a less melodic, Psy-sound. And I was impressed by the vocal manipulation in the track: ”The First Trip”. Besides that his clothing brand was well known here. And sold quite I good I think. At a specialized rave store we had here in our capital.

Can't say I'd really have followed what he's been doing the past 20 years. One of the early true pioneers, nothing will change that fact :)
Sonic Mandala is among the first goa trance releases I bought back in the days and still one of my treasures.

Also, our little outdoor goa trance party featured just this weekend 2 large Space Tribe backdrops (as it has for many years already). Wouldn't really be the same party without those backdrops.

Always sad to find out that a living legend is no more alive. Much love & respect to this fluorogod & my deepest condolences to his family and friends * His Wisdom will be with us forever. This is the first track i heard by him, on the 3xCD VA Spirit Zone Best of: 

Waah, that's sad news indeed :(

I know I'm late ... which doesn't make it any better. The man was a legend.

• 3 weeks later...