1.04 Million Streams In 7 Days (modified title: how (NOT?) to shill )

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/1080503458&color=%23ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true"></iframe><div style="font-size: 10px; color: #cccccc;line-break: anywhere;word-break: normal;overflow: hidden;white-space: nowrap;text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: Interstate,Lucida Grande,Lucida Sans Unicode,Lucida Sans,Garuda,Verdana,Tahoma,sans-serif;font-weight: 100;"><a href="https://soundcloud.com/god-of-gunzz" title="G Gunzz" target="_blank" style="color: #cccccc; text-decoration: none;">G Gunzz</a> · <a href="https://soundcloud.com/god-of-gunzz/take-it-to-infinity-wav" title="Take It To Infinity.wav" target="_blank" style="color: #cccccc; text-decoration: none;">Take It To Infinity.wav</a></div

I suppose the amount of plays could be linked to the amount of spam.

:mellow: I think the only forum section you forgot to spam, is the review section.

I would recommend that you made one big post instead in the OffTopic section. Since this obviously isn’t a Techno-oriented forum.

I’ll give the trolling effort a 3 out of 10 points. Somewhat creative, but too obvious. :) And doesn’t really push any emotional buttons.

Btw you should to a remix of Aqua-Barbie Girl or Eiffel 65-Blue (Blue Daba Dee). That could lead to some real success. Techno is so 2019.

What’s everyone’s verdict? Troll or Spam-bot?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, AstralSphinx said:

I suppose the amount of plays could be linked to the amount of spam.

:mellow: I think the only forum section you forgot to spam, is the review section.

I would recommend that you made one big post instead in the OffTopic section. Since this obviously isn’t a Techno-oriented forum.

I’ll give the trolling effort a 3 out of 10 points. Somewhat creative, but too obvious. :) And doesn’t really push any emotional buttons.

Btw you should to a remix of Aqua-Barbie Girl or Eiffel 65-Blue (Blue Daba Dee). That could lead to some real success. Techno is so 2019.

What’s everyone’s verdict? Troll or Spam-bot?

Funny, I just thought the exact same. And you know what, I'll even leave this single one open here (thinking about moving it to OT, but I'll leave it for now), because he might, well, "deserve it" is a bit too strong, but I give him a tiny bit of credit for not to completely blast everything into oblivion with his stuff, which he could have done because he's here since Thursday.

I was first thinking it was only a single post ... and then I saw them all :P 

Also I'm going to take the opportunity to mention: dammmn, these spammers are so damn annoying!

My verdict: spammer. In person. Not a bot.

Any more opinions?

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, RTP said:

Funny, I just thought the exact same. And you know what, I'll even leave this single one open here (thinking about moving it to OT, but I'll leave it for now), because he might, well, "deserve it" is a bit too strong, but I give him a tiny bit of credit for not to completely blast everything into oblivion with his stuff, which he could have done because he's here since Thursday.

I was first thinking it was only a single post ... and then I saw them all :P 

Also I'm going to take the opportunity to mention: dammmn, these spammers are so damn annoying!

My verdict: spammer. In person. Not a bot.

Any more opinions?

I think the weird formatting of his links in some posts. Such as in this thread, could point to a bot. It’s currently a non-working link. :) The careful selection of forum sections could point to human interaction.

On the other hand, it’s not difficult to program such parameters. So that a script avoids some typical forum sections, of less interest.

It could be targeting forum sections based on activity/dates of latest post as well. Or other parameters, would be of interest for further investigation. To google the user name/soundcloud account and see if it’s a widespread forum crawler.

The links could potentially be an 0-day exploit. I’m not just sure what the motivation could be, besides gaining streams. I haven’t visited the souncloud account in question. To see its statistics and other stuff. Usually motives for bot-generated spam, is propagation and further spread of viruses/trojans. Or some financial scam. But hey sometimes it’s just people spamming their music. :D 

NHJO comes to mind. He could easily be misindentified as a bot. If one had not experienced his forum participation-style before.

The hardest or most unnecessary part for a bot I think, would be to add a custom profile photo. But it can’t be ruled out either, since these forum types have been around for so long. There are probably quite some advanced custom scripts made for such tasks.

Maybe the guy bought a "distro package" which also includes forum spam ... the fact, that he's all over Google services, Soundcloud, Spotify would speak for a multi distributor ... I got a little to tell about the techniques of those since I opened that "RTP Records" (which is apparently not becoming a thing either <_< but nvm ) ... and maybe a little shady one. Would be fun if the actual artist wouldn't even know that forums are spammed with his links.

But on the other hand maybe it's just a human amateur. Which is still my bet.

Anyway, this thread will teach some shilling techniques to ppl interested in their own music distro - thus fitting the forum again, don't you think?

If you're just after clicks and likes, why not reward people with crypto that click on your links. It will probably not create great activity on here - but in the crypto community there are plenty of ppl who click for a few satoshi. You'll be better off giving the money directly to people than to agencies who then go out spamming forums...

• RTP changed the title to 1.04 Million Streams In 7 Days (modified title: how (NOT?) to shill )
1 hour ago, RTP said:

Maybe the guy bought a "distro package" which also includes forum spam ... the fact, that he's all over Google services, Soundcloud, Spotify would speak for a multi distributor ... I got a little to tell about the techniques of those since I opened that "RTP Records" (which is apparently not becoming a thing either <_< but nvm ) ... and maybe a little shady one. Would be fun if the actual artist wouldn't even know that forums are spammed with his links.

But on the other hand maybe it's just a human amateur. Which is still my bet.

Anyway, this thread will teach some shilling techniques to ppl interested in their own music distro - thus fitting the forum again, don't you think?

If you're just after clicks and likes, why not reward people with crypto that click on your links. It will probably not create great activity on here - but in the crypto community there are plenty of ppl who click for a few satoshi. You'll be better off giving the money directly to people than to agencies who then go out spamming forums...

Yes it’s interesting. And certainly a very common practice these days, as you mention with distribution services, such as the one you’ve tested.

Everything is for sale. :) Likes, followers, streams. Just sit back, relax have a snacks, a cold beer and shill out.