Christian Thinning aka Elysium / Sheyba / Vaporized leaves the psy trance scene

Trolsk

Is that Goodbye to the Vaporized album? Bandcamp posted a merch shirt on the 17th May. That facebook post was a day before.

Do we think he is going to take his hypnotic LFO Room Bandcamp page down? Might need to panic purchase some sounds.

• Sad 1

I know israel has a huge psy scene and a lot of artist, but you can choose to not support those who work with them, no? It's just kind of ridiculous to see him discard his music people enjoy for any of the reasons he keeps talking about.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Penzoline said:

I know israel has a huge psy scene and a lot of artist, but you can choose to not support those who work with them, no? It's just kind of ridiculous to see him discard his music people enjoy for any of the reasons he keeps talking about.

he could also chose to be active and fight those worries and concerns he has. Which are pretty well founded i think. But it seems like a cop out to quit music cause of that, not really buying it. But then Im not a huge fan of his music either i think both Elysium and Sheyba are overrated.

• Haha 1

He's literally been filling the Hypnotic LFO Room Bandcamp with his stuff these days: https://thehypnoticlforoom.bandcamp.com/

Not sure what to make of that post, he's probably still fine with taking "those people's" money, but whoever has bought stuff off his Bandcamp better download it before he pulls a Santos.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Every time a Thinning track (Elysium especially) is played on my computer (which is on random setting these days playing my Entire Music Collection).. I get struck of how truly good and great they are. There, i said it. Masterpieces - of serious non-machinegun tribal psytrance music. So old and authentic granfather would get his balls stuck in his nikkers because of reactive excitement. If you do not enjoy i.e. these albums, your missing out on a proper umami experience. His music is here to stay for all eternity. I'm selling my physical rls' these days and you bet y'ah, the Elysium albums got sold just about immidiatelly~ 'caus they are so amazing / popular. 

R-35904-1230056428.gif.jpg

R-117165-1404390519-7634.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, pdinklag said:

Yeah, I didn't draw the parallel to Felipe for nothing, it's the same really. The music is stellar, the guy behind it... not so much! :D

come on you cant draw a parallel like that
anyone would feel badly insulted being compared to felipe santos 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/27/2021 at 11:49 PM, BogzBinny said:

Looks like he is keeping all his stuff on bandcamp, just decided to delete everything on soundcloud?

Not really sure what statement that's going to make, what a weirdo.

sdf.PNG

so he is not quitting music.. only a little bit? man, i dont understand this person. He damn near wrote a manifesto on why his quitting the psy scene, now hes saying "oh that was just the soundcloud account" . dafuq.

btw are we the "sad haters" ? That would be fun. Hi Kristian!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, astralprojection said:

so he is not quitting music.. only a little bit? man, i dont understand this person. He damn near wrote a manifesto on why his quitting the psy scene, now hes saying "oh that was just the soundcloud account" . dafuq.

btw are we the "sad haters" ? That would be fun. Hi Kristian

Regarding the Destination Goa event, nice to see that the Swedish deco artist NOS will do the deco.

https://www.goabase.net/party/destination-goa-revival/107179

I haven’t seen his stuff since way back. He was on another level with his weird LSD/alien designs. He made the artwork for an old Cosmosis album I think.

Is it Robert Järnroth/Phoenix who organizes the event? I wish everybody involved best of luck and hope that party will take place. As it has been postponed some by the Covid-situation I think.

• Thanks 1

OslOslOslo. Let's make peace .. Politics is not my strongest side, at all.
And else about this whole drama thing, I have no further comments or thoughts.

elysium in Oslo.jpg

PS. One of my original Elysium releases got sold to a hard-core Israeli guy. If he bought it to destroy it, or enjoy, or what reason he has. i donno. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i never connected politics with music ..tho i had some comments on my page when i played in Israel couple of years ago ..

Sheyba was one of my fav long time ago so im not gonna get into debating his statements ..everyone has the right to chose his own actions

but again ..music should remain connected to ..music 

btw ..im preparing new psy ones |:D

On 5/29/2021 at 12:21 PM, astralprojection said:

To me that just seems to be his style :lol: ... I read enough of the threads back then and almost everywhere there was beef ... honestly, this is one of the fewer threads about or with him that have not yet turned into a flame / warn / ban fest (and I credit everybody for that) ... but whether my memory is right or not doesn't change the fact that I never understood him - which is why I rarely argued in those threads, because the only thing that could become of it is beef, actually.

I have to give Kristian credit though for two things: his amazing music - and the sheer power to completely derail the peace on this forum every once and a while :blink:

"Drama, baby" :D

On 5/29/2021 at 3:28 PM, Proxeeus said:

"I'm quitting. I swear. I'M DOING IT. LOOK HOW MUCH I'M QUITTING. THERE. I'M GONE."  *furiously mashes F5 for 3 months to see reactions*

:lol:

• Haha 1

On 5/30/2021 at 10:01 AM, psychedelic chipmunk said:

Ok? How does composing / producing relate to politics? If you're out of steam or feel burned out, just say so, it's fine. I don't buy this "oh y'all are just sticking your head in the sand, so how about I stop making music to show how upset I am with you.." Thanks, Mom, I guess.

'Hey guys, Imba is war criminal because he is from Serbia so I can't make music anymore because you are still listening to his music and book him for your parties, so you are war criminal too and this scene is supporting that'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1