Go_A instead of GOA ... will be the new hype?

RTP

So YouTube now thinks I might be Ukrainian, because I get a lot of ukrainian music recommendations.

Latest: Go_A ... I found the name funny because of the reference here to this forum - but dang, they're good, seriously ... have a listen:

Some people say (in some reaction videos) that this is gonna be the songcontest winner?
OMG?!
Go_A may be the new hype? Well, we've always been quite close, without the underscore, haven't we?

Your opinion on this one?

I find it absolutely great :wub:

Facinating. I was expecting it to take a different direction when that one heavy guitar riff entered, though.

Is she saying, "say you're gay"? If it's a Eurosong cotenst, it makes totally sense.

unnamed.gif

20 hours ago, psytones said:

Is she saying, "say you're gay"? If it's a Eurosong cotenst, it makes totally sense.

I think it's full of plays of words, I'd expect it to be ... and if you translate the lyrics, they pretty openly seem to refer homosexuality, at least if you enter it  in Google. So, you are right (in my opinion), but they don't do it as plainly as you might think if you refer to the chorus ... there she's saying these words:

Сію вію, Сію вію конопелечки
Сію вію, Сію вію зеленесенькі

which should translate to:

these eyelashes, these eyelashes hemp plants,
these eyelashes, these eyelashes greenish

... at least with all translating power available to me :P

Altogether it might seem that she's saying something about "making noise" and plays of words to be homosexual ... so it's quite plain actually.

Keep in mind though that I don't speak a single word Ukrainian or Russian (I can't even swear right according to feedback) ... so I could be super wrong. Anyone can crosscheck it? Mind you, there's two versions of the song out there, I like this one more that I posted here...

On 5/9/2021 at 12:48 PM, psychedelic chipmunk said:

Was ist das?! :blink:

Well first I think that the song is cool. You not?

Second: it's the band Go_A and according to some they are going to win the Song Contest...

That doesn't interest us on here that much, but the band is called like the music we love: Goa, short for Goatrance

So beware when the hype hits. If you say you like Goa music, some may think it's this band and not Goatrance.

If they win, remember you heard it from me first :P

Oh wow, just heard this getting played in an AM radio station in Sydney. Best thing they've played since Peter, Bjorn & John got taken off the airwaves.

Maybe I can text in a song request with Goa in the title and see if they play it thinking it's these guys

See? The plot thickens. I think some forces want them to win the ESC.

I am just thinking. Should I place a bet? :rolleyes:

21 hours ago, Tsotsi said:

Maybe I can text in a song request with Goa in the title and see if they play it thinking it's these guys

Try it, I'd be curious ... hee hee

By the way I think you should do a (fun) album review for them on YT, I bet you gonna get some pretty big exposure by the algorithm for that move B)

• 2 weeks later...

So I was damn wrong...

Go_A didn't win ... they came 5th ... which is not bad, but it won't hype. You fraggles can continue dancing along in the dark - and in peace :)

(well, not that it would have had an impact tbh, but it would have been cool :P )

• Like 1

This is certainly not the type of music I would normaly listen to, but yesterday I was at some friends place and one of them is from Ukraine and she proudly showed us this music with the live performance. It was interesting, I can understand the entertainment value, it was very high-octane and over the top, a bit of a visual overload. 

On 5/29/2021 at 11:43 AM, AstralSphinx said:

This is certainly not the type of music I would normaly listen to, but yesterday I was at some friends place and one of them is from Ukraine and she proudly showed us this music with the live performance. It was interesting, I can understand the entertainment value, it was very high-octane and over the top, a bit of a visual overload. 

Sweet :wub:

Ukraine is nice ... crazy in a very good way ... even though I don't speak a word of their language.

• Like 1