NK47 - Hello World

Penzoline

NK47 - Hello World (timewarp154 - Timewarp)

a3827650238_10.jpg

01 - NK47 - Circadian Rhythm
02 - NK47 - Kuchi Sabishii
03 - NK47 - Movement
04 - NK47 - Random Forest
05 - NK47 - To Bouzouuki Tou Vasiliaa
06 - NK47 - UnderDefined
07 - NK47 - Voyager
08 - NK47 - FSR402

This guy released a few Goa tracks during the UAF era. He had a pretty typical goatrance sound for that time period and didn't really stand out much. A track on VA Goatronika had wondrous melodies which I liked but that's about it.

Rewind back to 2020 and he apparently released a full fledged album after all these years. Over ten to be exact.

So how does he fare 10 years later? It's definitely no longer the style he produced back then. In fact it's quite far and beyond from what it used to be. This is well produced storytelling - lot's of ethnic/real instruments samples containing - goa/psy fusion. Sometimes it's even a little Juno Reactor-esque in how it fuses samples into the music. For example Kuchi Sabishii & To Bouzouuki Toy Vasiliaa have quite a few moments I'd expect from a JR album. On side note, I've noticed that some new-age Israeli artist have this kind of a fused storytelling sound while being very dancefloor friendly.

Anyway..

The tracks on this album are really easy to get lost in and let yourself get engulfed by the story they're telling. While there are moments that turn a tad cheesy with certain samples or layered melodies/effects that don't  work together (For example while kuchi Sabishii has the best melodies in the album, it also has the worst part at 3:10 with the overlapping melody), it's kind of surprising how easily you can give them a total pass and keep listening without losing focus. Hell, this guy used the "AAA TSIWENGAAA" sample in the first track and it WORKS. It's almost beyond my comprehension how this is even possible in this day and age.

This album has lot's of great sounds, melodies, rhythms, climaxes and atmospheres and it's super danceable. I absolutely recommend giving it a chance! It's a total breath of fresh air. I almost gave this a pass since I tend to skip tracks before full listens and this did not sound good in that way, but I am glad I gave it the time it needed.

https://timewarprecords.bandcamp.com/album/nk47-hello-world-timewarp154-timewarp

Nice find, this got missed in the torrent of timewarp releases. THis 'Snufkin is Gone' track with Cronomi was one of my favs, and sparked a little hunt for his sound a few years ago. 

Going to check this out very soon.

10 hours ago, Tsotsi said:

Nice find, this got missed in the torrent of timewarp releases. THis 'Snufkin is Gone' track with Cronomi was one of my favs, and sparked a little hunt for his sound a few years ago.

That is exactly why I went looking for it. :D

• Like 1