Mushroom "magazine" - what a rip-off!!

So in the end I decide to subscribe to a year of Mushroom + Intershroom... I was expecting some nice A4- format magazines with big pics and all... I end up getting a tiny little "magazine" which is no bigger than a postcard (15 cm x 12 cm)!! The print is so tiny I almost need a magnifying glass to read it and can't in any case read more than one page without feeling dizzy... And to think I've paid 35 euros for this shit :(

And the Intershroom entitled "Trancer's guide to the Galaxy" doesn't have a single fucking page on Belgium!! Surely there are more psy gatherings in Belgium than in Costa Rica?!? Usually when I meet people from France at parties in Belgium they tell me that parties here are the bomb and that in France you can barely find decent parties... yet France gets 2 full pages in the guide??

man I'm really pissed :(

SMI²LE

Guest krize

damn :( you havent seen them before... I understand ...

Did you subscribe with FreakCard? Then you get some good discounts at parties at least ;)

peace lemmi.

yeah but I wanted something on paper, something that I could collect and dig up 10 years later and think "damn, those were the days"... what scares me more is that Mushroom is considered to be THE best... how the hell to the others look like? are they printed on stamps?

SMI²LE

in my oppinion mushroom killed psychedelic-scene in germany(they were not the only ones but they take a big part of it).they only promote the groovy and progressive side of socalled "goamusic".starting as a mag for techno and house they began to write about psychedelic scene when it was very popular in the year 96.after this they go back to their roots (house and techno) gave it the name goa and killed the psychedelic scene because they only promote the atmos music.

lol sven.. the psychedelic-scene in germany is dead?! I dont live there, but Im sure it´s not so much

and hey, that´s some really funky dead heh? Like that movie, where the guy is dead, but he dances when he hears music and he shows these guys where the treasure is hehehehe

oh and about mushroom magazine.. I only read the international edition 1, back in the january 2002 I think.. I remember it was indeed small in size, but had quite a few interesting articles, dj´s top 10 lists, label informations, party calenders, pictures, etc... I found it on the bench in a festival, so it was all profit anyway hehehe..

I dont know how these editions today are.. so can´t really comment on it..

Guest ChoBo

lol you obviously didnt take my advice Lemmi, order from trance shop and you get them for free :) I had all past issues for free since 2002.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, actually the mag is small, but there are some useful articles in it.

I'd not get a subscription though, I just collect some free issues they distribute on parties ... and here the small size comes in handy as I can easily carry 'em home in my pocket :)