AI will generate the music we dream of

Trolsk

Many of you have already heard about the AI that generated new music inspired by Kurt Cobain, Amy Winehouse, Jim Morrison and Jimi Hendrix:

https://consequence.net/2021/04/nirvana-drowned-in-the-sun-ai-song-google-software/

It actually sounds pretty good.

Imagine if we were to throw psy trance at an AI and make it generate the albums of are dreams! What unreleased albums do you dream of?

The most obvious are of course Hallucinogen 3 and the new Astral Projection album.

What if we were to make it listen to two (or more) of our favorite acts and have it generate that collaboration we have always hoped for:

• Hallucinogen vs Process, and create that Beast album we all dreamt of
  • Man With No Name vs Mindsphere
  • Dimension 5 vs Mindsphere
  • Ubar Tmar vs Orichalcum
  • Quirk vs Rip van Hippy

Have it analyze the music of Brainman and finally reveal who is behind that act!

The possibilites are endless!!!

• Haha 1

Very interesting!

Of course also Metal Sharon, The Unstables (Goblin + Pixel), MWNN + Electric Universe, Beat Bizzare + Sensient or Pspiralife, Schuldt + Tristan, Green nuns + Koxbox etc!

Also sounds interesting Infected Mushroom (old era) + Sandman

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I would just keep it realistic, since Astral Projection did a remix of Hallucinogen's LSD. I would like to hear what Simon could do with a classic Astral P track. For example Searching For UFO's, since that track has a bit of a darker sound at times. And also because some aspects of it reminds me bit of Slinky Wizard - Funkus Munkus. So I think Simon could've made something really dark and twisted with that track. Even more alienesque and trippy.

Or even better a true collaboration  during that era of course. With the help of this AI thingy. ;) I think it could've been really cool, the mix of their galactic and rather flying music, combined with Hallucinogens very lysergic sound manipulation. 

• Like 1

Who needs instruments and a DAW these days? -_- Let AI do tha dirty work. Fits perfect with the whole concept of ghost producers which has been a constant addition to the different electronic music scenes for a couple of years or decades I dunno. In the Techno scene it's like a plague, where every single Techno DJ needs a couple of tracks in their CV as well despite often not having any experience in production, enter ghost producers. So I say let's embrace the AI-concept and just move along. 

I can totally see how the DJ-mixers in the near future will implement automated AI-DJ Mixing, if they haven't already that is. Perfect with autopilot on the DJ-decks, so the DJ's can focus more instead on other important stuff. :lol: Perhaps they could start incorporating dance choreographies instead on stage.

https://www.vitling.xyz/toys/acid-banger/

"The Endless Acid Banger: algorithmic self-composing acid techno music running live in your browser

The music you hear is generated in your browser by a randomised algorithm, below you can see the notes and parameters that are currently in use. You can also interact with various parameters and buttons manually. The green autopilot switches change how automatic playback is. Leave them on for a lean-back experience. Buttons labelled ⟳ will generate new patterns.
The Endless Acid Banger was created by Vitling. If you want to support my work, please consider buyingmymusic or sponsoring my GitHub."

• Thanks 1

As for the AI music, I am going to be very modest ... I want:

A new S-RANGE album.

And a Magnetrixx album.

Oddly enough, a new Etnoscope album is not needed to be generated by AI - we rather need a plain "unintelligent" electric shocker to get Raz up and going ... and forgive me that I said this, because I don't even know him personally, but I can report first hand that even trying to get into contact is already difficult at the moment :D ... for me :P

On 4/24/2021 at 12:19 PM, AstralSphinx said:

https://www.vitling.xyz/toys/acid-banger/

"The Endless Acid Banger: algorithmic self-composing acid techno music running live in your browser

Okay that is pwnage ... cool stuff ... I want a psytrance one :)

• Like 1

Some more collaborations for the AI:

Son Kite vs Vibrasphere

X-dream vs Vibrasphere

Huxflux vs Koxbox

Hi-score vs Subcouds

Hallucinogen vs Prometheus (uptempo, not Younger Brother stuff)

• Like 1

UX vs Hallucinogen, that would be something. B) Some real classic OG Dragonfly Records bidnizz.

• Like 2

On 4/27/2021 at 11:08 PM, RTP said:

As for the AI music, I am going to be very modest ... I want:

A new S-RANGE album.

And a Magnetrixx album.

Oddly enough, a new Etnoscope album is not needed to be generated by AI - we rather need a plain "unintelligent" electric shocker to get Raz up and going ... and forgive me that I said this, because I don't even know him personally, but I can report first hand that even trying to get into contact is already difficult at the moment :D ... for me :P

Okay that is pwnage ... cool stuff ... I want a psytrance one :)

Yeah a psytrance one could be funny heh. Certainly if they added some funny algos that capture different styles, and arrangement peculiarities unique to different labels/artists.