Dekel - Ancient Future (Stereo Society)

Ake

It's my 1st review here, sorry for the failure to do a proper review. Anyway I'm curious what you guys, especially genre fetishists are having to comment on this. To give you an idea about my motivation to post this review: I was really into what people call 'zenonesque', between 2004 and 2015 this was in my opinion a truly creative and unique genre, it was the true hippie stuff in my opinion. For some reason I feel like there was a cut of some sort, I don't see the true hippie stuff within this subgenre anymore. Youtube recommended this album for some reason, I listened to it and thought it's a very pleasant journey. I wouldn't say this is the one and only true hippie stuff, but it's hippie stuff. It's less dark and maybe a little less psychedelic than typical zenonesque but certainly more creative than usual European progressive.

Generally feel free to let us know: Where is, in your opinion, the true hippie stuff within new psychedelic trance music?

I liked the album, it was already recommended to me and it reminded me a bit of the Ovnimoon music. Goa/proggie crossover in some parts :) 

Not sure what is "hippie" music... Isnt that very subjective? As for me hippy music is the colourful goa-trance type MFG - When we Dream haha :) 

Thanks for mentioning Ovnimoon, I only know it from the Young Man on Acid compilation. Yeah sure the hippie tag is kind of a subjective thing. I like the tribal element of the album, it's a nice surprise in a way.