How is the Japanese Goa Trance scene doing these days?

Mallenaut

Tsuyoshi suzuki still makes good stuff but it often leans more into psytrance category with goay sounds. These two are great.

Ubar Tmar hasn't made much goa stuff lately. It's been mostly experiemental and wild psytrance/noise/ambient.

4 hours ago, Penzoline said:

Tsuyoshi suzuki still makes good stuff but it often leans more into psytrance category with goay sounds. These two are great.

Ubar Tmar hasn't made much goa stuff lately. It's been mostly experiemental and wild psytrance/noise/ambient.

Yeah, I know Tsuyoshi Suzuki and love his work, especially the latter track 'Oriental Express', but I don't know any other major contemporary Goa or Psy Trance artist.

Outside the obvious (Tsuyoshi Suzuki) the only ones that are still making Goa that I can recall are 01-N and Tomocomo. I’m sure there’s more but I haven’t come across it. 01-N is mainly psytrance but he has some very good Goa songs here and there.

Ubar  Tmar, Jikooha, and Kuro are other Japanese Goa artists I’m sure most people know about

One day I came across this album on bandcamp from Rajas Records, an I guess now defunct Japanese Goa trance label. I haven’t researched it but this seems pretty rare and ‘hard to find’ with tracks from cosmosis (imba remix), Kuro, jikooha, Uber tmar and other artists.

https://rajasrecords.bandcamp.com/album/v-a-integration-in-the-cave

• 2 weeks later...