Jump to content

Cosmic Dimension - Altar Of Wisdom


Recommended Posts

https://www.discogs.com/Cosmic-Dimension-Altar-Of-Wisdom/release/17424424

R-17424424-1613386931-7610.jpeg.jpg

Cosmic Dimension - Altar Of Wisdom

Global Sect

2021

1        Coral Tails 
2        Different Species 
3        Fabric Of Creation  
4        Orot Gvohim   
5        Altar Of Wisdom  
6        Beyond The Darklight 
7        To Sirius  
8        Transcendence 
9        Radioactive Atoms  

 

Its a great album to listen through, but there are no real standouts. Its more one big track. But as an album you listen to from start to finish - there is some interesting and really great moments here and there.
The first thing that struck me was the quality of the production. But that soon kinda fizzled out, and it sounds alright now, its not 'spectacular' anymore, especially not if you try to find the "best" track of the album. Then it gets kinda 'meh'.

Its a bit like the Captain Hook of neo goa. It sounds great but once you get past that, the music really doesnt stand out as truly amazing. Its not quite up to par with the greats but its still really enjoyable to listen to just from the quality aspect of it alone. 

Lots and lots of squelchs and spiraling arp type sounds - that has been done a bit much Id say. The leads are often quite simple too; melodies not very complex. But again it sounds really good; and it shows that he was really meticulous about the production and mixing; but it does sound a bit 'software' compared to for example Filteria and Mindsphere.

 

Im happy it was released on Global Sect - the king of the house of neo goa. (While I feel suntrip is more the king of goa in general)

Allinall its a good album but not really great. 3.8/5. 
If the music behind the actual sound was as good as the sound itself it would be a stellar album!
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2021 at 5:56 PM, astralprojection said:

Im happy it was released on Global Sect - the king of the house of neo goa. (While I feel suntrip is more the king of goa in general)

i feel this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sound design and production is indeed absolutely immaculate and quite frankly - insane - at times. The title track, for example, is cosmic af. They've really matured and nailed down the production as you really get that otherwordly pleiadean feel from it, but I have to agree that the melody work is still generally bringing the album down from being an instant classic. The first album was really fatiguing and had lackluster melody work, and while the melodies could still be better, this 2nd outing is definitely an improvement in all aspects and feels much much more imaginative.

I feel like Cosmic Dimension and Celestial Intelligence have a very similar sound (honestly sometimes I think theyre the same guys) but the latter just does it better with the melodies and composition. It'd be cool to see them collaborate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Penzoline said:

(honestly sometimes I think theyre the same guys)

It took me a while to realize that they were not the same guys  :D "Uhm, what was the name? Cosmic Intelligence? Celestial Dimension? I don't remember!"

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Tsotsi said:

Artist: Cosmic Dimension
Title: Altar Of Wisdom
Label: Cosmic Sect
Release: Feb 14, 2021

Tracklist:-
Coral Tails
Different Species
Fabric Of Creation
Orot Gvohim
Altar Of Wisdom
Beyond The Darklight
To Sirius
Transcendence
Radioactive Atoms

 

 

https://globalsect.bandcamp.com/album/cosmic-dimension-altar-of-wisdom

:D that is just an amazing review ^^ 

 

heres the youtube btw. my favorite is Fabric of Creation. That thing is badass.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, recursion loop said:

It took me a while to realize that they were not the same guys  :D "Uhm, what was the name? Cosmic Intelligence? Celestial Dimension? I don't remember!"

 

Samesies, Cellestial Intelligence, Cosmic Dimension, Crossing Mind & Centavra Project,  I use to have to go into the Terraformer VA to find the name I was after (Although Crossing Mind isn't on that VA)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually I read the AP review where he said that the production was very good but the melodies weren't that great - that was exactly the impression of all Celestial Intelligence's tracks I ever heard (I remember one from Inti compilation  and the album they released in 2015 ). So yes, I honestly thought it were the same guys until I read the Penzoline's post.

 

I used to listen to neogoa a  lot 3-4 years ago but then I switched to other forms of psy and lost track of current goa projects.

On 3/15/2021 at 12:17 AM, Tsotsi said:

Label: Cosmic Sect

Lol, man :D .

 

Okay, I just listened to that Fabric of Creation track. It's actually quite nice but I kinda agree with everything said above - very good production (mixing and sound-design are superb for the genre) and some nice melodic parts, especially in the second half - but it lacks something to be really memorable, imo. Kinda "sounds like neogoa" and that's it. It has that typcial neogoa sound - super intense, a melody after a melody after a melody, everything is too fast and too loud. Well executed for what it is but not really my thing.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, recursion loop said:

Actually I read the AP review where he said that the production was very good but the melodies weren't that great - that was exactly the impression of all Celestial Intelligence's tracks I ever heard (I remember one from Inti compilation  and the album they released in 2015 ). So yes, I honestly thought it were the same guys until I read the Penzoline's post.

Huh, I found the CI track on Inti their best work yet. The melody work really gives it that extra punch that lifts it to new heights. I mean they also do have tracks that end up nowhere but also many that do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, recursion loop said:

 

Okay, I just listened to that Fabric of Creation track. It's actually quite nice but I kinda agree with everything said above - very good production (mixing and sound-design are superb for the genre) and some nice melodic parts, especially in the second half - but it lacks something to be really memorable, imo. Kinda "sounds like neogoa" and that's it. It has that typcial neogoa sound - super intense, a melody after a melody after a melody, everything is too fast and too loud. Well executed for what it is but not really my thing.  

Agreed! But the second half of that song has some cool melody. I found melody wise, that this track seems to stick out a bit more than the others. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...