2        Different Species 
3        Fabric Of Creation  
4        Orot Gvohim   
5        Altar Of Wisdom  
6        Beyond The Darklight 
7        To Sirius  
8        Transcendence 
9        Radioactive Atoms  

Its a great album to listen through, but there are no real standouts. Its more one big track. But as an album you listen to from start to finish - there is some interesting and really great moments here and there.
The first thing that struck me was the quality of the production. But that soon kinda fizzled out, and it sounds alright now, its not 'spectacular' anymore, especially not if you try to find the "best" track of the album. Then it gets kinda 'meh'.

Its a bit like the Captain Hook of neo goa. It sounds great but once you get past that, the music really doesnt stand out as truly amazing. Its not quite up to par with the greats but its still really enjoyable to listen to just from the quality aspect of it alone. 

Lots and lots of squelchs and spiraling arp type sounds - that has been done a bit much Id say. The leads are often quite simple too; melodies not very complex. But again it sounds really good; and it shows that he was really meticulous about the production and mixing; but it does sound a bit 'software' compared to for example Filteria and Mindsphere.

Im happy it was released on Global Sect - the king of the house of neo goa. (While I feel suntrip is more the king of goa in general)

Allinall its a good album but not really great. 3.8/5. 
If the music behind the actual sound was as good as the sound itself it would be a stellar album!

• Like 1

Sound design and production is indeed absolutely immaculate and quite frankly - insane - at times. The title track, for example, is cosmic af. They've really matured and nailed down the production as you really get that otherwordly pleiadean feel from it, but I have to agree that the melody work is still generally bringing the album down from being an instant classic. The first album was really fatiguing and had lackluster melody work, and while the melodies could still be better, this 2nd outing is definitely an improvement in all aspects and feels much much more imaginative.

I feel like Cosmic Dimension and Celestial Intelligence have a very similar sound (honestly sometimes I think theyre the same guys) but the latter just does it better with the melodies and composition. It'd be cool to see them collaborate.

20 hours ago, Tsotsi said:

Artist: Cosmic Dimension
Title: Altar Of Wisdom
Label: Cosmic Sect
Release: Feb 14, 2021

Tracklist:-
Coral Tails
Different Species
Fabric Of Creation
Orot Gvohim
Altar Of Wisdom
Beyond The Darklight
To Sirius
Transcendence
Radioactive Atoms

https://globalsect.bandcamp.com/album/cosmic-dimension-altar-of-wisdom

:D that is just an amazing review ^^ 

heres the youtube btw. my favorite is Fabric of Creation. That thing is badass.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, recursion loop said:

It took me a while to realize that they were not the same guys  :D "Uhm, what was the name? Cosmic Intelligence? Celestial Dimension? I don't remember!"

Samesies, Cellestial Intelligence, Cosmic Dimension, Crossing Mind & Centavra Project,  I use to have to go into the Terraformer VA to find the name I was after (Although Crossing Mind isn't on that VA)

Actually I read the AP review where he said that the production was very good but the melodies weren't that great - that was exactly the impression of all Celestial Intelligence's tracks I ever heard (I remember one from Inti compilation  and the album they released in 2015 ). So yes, I honestly thought it were the same guys until I read the Penzoline's post.

I used to listen to neogoa a  lot 3-4 years ago but then I switched to other forms of psy and lost track of current goa projects.

On 3/15/2021 at 12:17 AM, Tsotsi said:

Label: Cosmic Sect

Lol, man :D .

Okay, I just listened to that Fabric of Creation track. It's actually quite nice but I kinda agree with everything said above - very good production (mixing and sound-design are superb for the genre) and some nice melodic parts, especially in the second half - but it lacks something to be really memorable, imo. Kinda "sounds like neogoa" and that's it. It has that typcial neogoa sound - super intense, a melody after a melody after a melody, everything is too fast and too loud. Well executed for what it is but not really my thing.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, recursion loop said:

Actually I read the AP review where he said that the production was very good but the melodies weren't that great - that was exactly the impression of all Celestial Intelligence's tracks I ever heard (I remember one from Inti compilation  and the album they released in 2015 ). So yes, I honestly thought it were the same guys until I read the Penzoline's post.

Huh, I found the CI track on Inti their best work yet. The melody work really gives it that extra punch that lifts it to new heights. I mean they also do have tracks that end up nowhere but also many that do.

1 hour ago, recursion loop said:

Okay, I just listened to that Fabric of Creation track. It's actually quite nice but I kinda agree with everything said above - very good production (mixing and sound-design are superb for the genre) and some nice melodic parts, especially in the second half - but it lacks something to be really memorable, imo. Kinda "sounds like neogoa" and that's it. It has that typcial neogoa sound - super intense, a melody after a melody after a melody, everything is too fast and too loud. Well executed for what it is but not really my thing.  

Agreed! But the second half of that song has some cool melody. I found melody wise, that this track seems to stick out a bit more than the others. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hey everyone! How are you guys doing? It's been awhile since I commented on a release. Realizing that I'm middle aged and have been on here since 2005? Yikes. Catching up on my music and I thought I'd give this a go.

I suppose one could say that it does sound "like one long track" and "like neogoa" with power, intensity and melodies, but that needn't be a bad thing. I found the production to be of extremely high quality and while the melodies may not be superb, the layers and breaks make up for it. He absolutely slays it with Coral Tails, Different Species, Altar of Wisdom, Beyond the Darklight, Transcendence, and Radioactive Atoms.

Funny how tastes differ as I felt Fabric of Creation while good was the weakest track.

Anyhoo, good job and am glad I have this in the collection.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 4:38 AM, Trance2MoveU said:

Hey everyone! How are you guys doing? It's been awhile since I commented on a release

Good to see you back here and digging into some of the new spacey releases too. 

Welcome back. That is all I've got for now. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/30/2021 at 6:38 PM, Trance2MoveU said:

Hey everyone! How are you guys doing? It's been awhile since I commented on a release. Realizing that I'm middle aged and have been on here since 2005? Yikes. Catching up on my music and I thought I'd give this a go.

I suppose one could say that it does sound "like one long track" and "like neogoa" with power, intensity and melodies, but that needn't be a bad thing. I found the production to be of extremely high quality and while the melodies may not be superb, the layers and breaks make up for it. He absolutely slays it with Coral Tails, Different Species, Altar of Wisdom, Beyond the Darklight, Transcendence, and Radioactive Atoms.

Funny how tastes differ as I felt Fabric of Creation while good was the weakest track.

Anyhoo, good job and am glad I have this in the collection.

Hi there, welcome back! Yeah we are certainly not getting any younger haha.. hopefully wiser? It is what it is. Anyways good to see you active again, your old reviews always amused me. Keep up the witty weirdness. :D 

• Thanks 1