Label: Global Sect
Release: 16 Dec, 2020

Tracklist:-
Interplanetary Station
Lost Astronaut
Phase (With Astronobios & Atlantis)
Inside The Lunar Crater (With Merrow)
Prana (With Atlantis)
Screaming Through The Universe (With Alienapa)
Oxgen Red (With Centavra Project)
Proxeeus - Walking Between The Worlds (Fiery Dawn Remix)
Dimension X
Enceladus (First Contact)

Big moves from Fiery Dawn, The more i've listened to it the more i've liked it, and I already liked it a bunch to begin with.

Interview with Fiery Dawn - http://globalsect.ru/blog/fierydawninterview?fbclid=IwAR06tXy6Uo1NdciFnoRZQ_bwJJ6sg03cZOdb36YQvSAV7n6XmGeTCOudRXIDownload

Bandcamp link - https://globalsect.bandcamp.com/album/fiery-dawn-lost-astronaut

Soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/fiery-dawn/astral-projection-aurora-borealis-fiery-dawn-remix?fbclid=IwAR2gKUuin2UwrKcGkk6y_6HUDbEtitqPk1L9sLJ9jYSBOGsPQ52rYMaMK34

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

FIERY DAWN - LOST ASTRAUNAT
GLOBAL SECT RECORDS

2051809362_image.thumb.png.ae8b487bf4aa1ba3411433d2095d09e8(1).jpeg.64607891487172d7fb1a6bd07cdc71c3.jpeg

Tracklist:-
1.   Interplanetary Station
2.  Lost Astronaut
3.  Phase (With Astronobios & Atlantis)
4.  Inside The Lunar Crater (With Merrow)
5.  Prana (With Atlantis)
6.  Screaming Through The Universe (With Alienapa)
7.  Oxgen Red (With Centavra Project)
8.  Proxeeus - Walking Between The Worlds (Fiery Dawn Remix)
9.  Dimension X
10.  Enceladus (First Contact)

WOW!!! What a fantastic, imaginative, visionary album cover AND --> Even better is when the album is MORE THAN AND COMPLIMENTS the cover... 

1.  Interplanetary Station is a gradual, spacey opening that's far from Wow. It has some atmosphere and pleasant Goa ingredients, nice sound/melody work. ACT 1 could have had a little more development and creativity, and there are sneak peaks of something that's about to get far catchier to come.  B

2.  Lost Astronaut incorporates more energy, the synths sound sharper, more soundscapes and atmosphere compliments the spacey atmosphere. The music grows more rhythmic and defined midway forward, with a nice accentuated moment forward across the sixth minute. The song is fairly dark and cosmic, but fairly low key and lacks being eventful. The arrangement and overall structure could have been had more variety, and as with the opening, shows an album that has potential to develop into something great. On to the next one.  B

3.  Phase (With Astronobios & Atlantis) is instantly juicier, catchier, more lively and engaging! Finally a song with arrangement, synths, and an edgy (intensely fun) vibe that goes deeper into getting my attention. Full of synth choices and changes that accentuate soundscape-ladden trek into the unknown, this is a big step in the right direction. Complimented by bouncy (erratically sweet) Goa-oriented melodies, the song develops into something stronger halfway forward before a brief transition lifts the complexity and greatness-- climax and all -- to the highest point on the album thus far. The last act is terrific and the echoed, chilling (haunting) effect compliments. I love the "moment" in the seventh minute. You'll know when you hear it. Great track!  A- / A

4.  Inside The Lunar Crater (With Merrow) is the first track I showcased for my wife Mary. This song is a FUCKING BEAST!!! OMG... way to go FIrey Dawn and Merr0w. You know the last time I was really impressed with a Merr0w track, it was Citrus Circus on Suntrip's Temple of Chaos over a decade ago, and while that was a tsunami of escalating and releasing power (incredible to this day), this has more variety, intelligence, development, evolution-- and quite honestly it's SUPERB. A terrific song of ANY genre IMHO has three great acts (unless you break the rule and have more acts that are all great). This song-- from the creative sound sound selections, to the overall direction, structure, arrangement-- the overall vision from start to finish encompasses THREE STRONG ACTS that a go from great > excellent > superb. It allows us to breath with an INTERESTING (GRIPPING) INTERLUDE before releasing the finale brigade-- a cosmic force of rich musical beautify (sound/melody > synth) work that elevates the ENTIRE SONG with an even PURER Goa sound AND incorporates a wonderful climax that never lets go of its edgy grip through the last minute. Well done!  A 

5.  Prana (With Atlantis) continues off the greatness high of the previous track. This has less variety, standout structure, peeks and valleys, and that's okay. After the previous more complex beast, I love that the artist put a powerful, addictive sounding PURE GOA number that just lets us dance in every which way. This follows one exceptionally building and releasing set direction of articulation, power, and energy. It's smart, electric, less eventful than the previous track, and continuously improves across all three acts. While I was more impressed with the previous track, this is like a smart, cosmic tiger let off the chain of bondage across the 4th dimension, moving from Point A to B with pure intent and awareness, visceral speed and agility. It's great and a welcome offering after the previous, more technically elaborate vehicle.  A-

6.  Screaming Through The Universe (With Alienapa) follows up Prana (With Atlantic) nicely with a spacey, aggressive, and well structured Goa track. There are a few more moments to breath around the driving storms. This directional approach feels more flexible in that sense. All three acts are strong, with neither previous one feeling stronger than the following (makes sense!). Each act stands out with fresh ideas, synths (though a tasty crunchy one takes prescience on and off throughout) that adds a zippier/edgier, more powerful momentum feel that I love. Additionally, it's supported by a healthy dose of atmosphere, mixing, and a nice balance (aggressive vs less/not aggressive sound/melody work. This keeps the music engaging, improving as it progresses rather than sounding too similar/samey. Excellent work!  A- 

7.  Oxgen Red (With Centavra Project) incorporates an effect (comes and goes) like an astronaut or alien's raspy throat inside the head case of a space suite struggling to breathe. It's a strange, breathing effect-- unique. I suppose it adds a touch of darkness, though I feel lighter once it exits as it often takes attention from the work around it. The song is dark, less driving than the previous bunch while still maintaining a solid determined feel and beat. I enjoy the sound/melody work by this artist in general, even with a less momentous offering such as this one. For whatever reason, the artist does little in ACT 3 to really push the music further to greater plateaus like the previous songs. In that senes, more development and surprises in the second have would have been welcome, enticing the mind/body with greater energy and food for thought, and visceral dance floor (and home-listening) appeal.  B+

8.  Proxeeus - Walking Between The Worlds (Fiery Dawn Remix) is a return to excellence. No more strange breathing sounds like we're stuck in an astronaut's helmet. This dragon of a track is tight, punchy, fiery and infectious-- incorporating bouncy, energized Goa synths like fast energy waves full of candy coated stardust bouncing off the window of the cockpit. ACT 1 is excellent, from the synth choices, structure, direction, and mixing. ACT 2 takes the smart, less wild cosmic approach so we can catch our breath as a fresh wave of synths emerge. The interlude is smart and catchy (that little bouncing Goa synth is super delectable!!!), complimented with supporting sounds before the music breaks out via ACT 3 into a resurgence of musical, cosmic bliss. I love it! I think ACT 2 could have been slightly shorter (the first part before it grew tastier), thus allowing the last act to push the envelope further (without getting too crowded), but as it stands, I'm thankful this vehicle was strong from start to finish!  A- / A

9.  Dimension X continues the infectiously bouncing Goa accent concept albeit differently, as this PURE Goa idea worked so well in the previous number. The first third is great, coming the cosmic elegant with the aggressive to new perfection. The growing sense (sound) of escalating tension in ACT 2 stood out-- very nice! ACT 2 develops into something more dynamic, thanks to a variety of ideas and the bouncy/stronger synth in the third minute is terrific, giving us the boost that this driving force needed. I could have dealt without the STRANGE RUMBLING EFFECT FROM 3:52 to 4:11 that I could have done without. The music rebounds right after, bringing back the fun tension sound with soundscapes fluttering by the dark wormhole we're being purpled through. Strong work-- suddenly a deeper-sounding synth jumps in via ACT 3. An unexpected surprise. I love it. I think it could have been raised just 1-2 Db (a small nitpick), and this is followed by a sweet, whimsical mini-climax of sorts to wonderful effect into the final moments. This tasty track goes down so well!  A- / A

10.  Enceladus (First Contact) is one of my favorite tracks. It would have been so much better if it didn't do the fewest things which I'll get to. The first act grinds by as it offers edgy (zippy) synths to punctuate the provocative and atmospheric, moody darkness. Complimentary development is a big plus going into Act 2. This artist is so focused and disciplined on making the songs consistently strong- content that gets better as it progresses. I really like the electronic robotic voice (sample) in Act 2 along with the PURE-GOA synth work.  We hit Act 3--at roughly 5:00 in and suddenly the song becomes MUDDLED with TOO MANY FREEKIN IDEAS THAT DON'T FLUIDLY COMPLIMENT. Just listen to this song from 5:00 to 5:30's. It's like the artist threw every thought in the mix without a conscious aware presence until he caught his over-zealous ego at 5:57 where excellence is restored- Well, almost. There is a HARSH, DIsTRACTING SYNTH SOUND (like a record being smudged) at 6:13 and again in the 6:20's. These less delectable ingredients really take away from an otherwise terrific work that is so intelligent, sleek, and attractively intermingled that it's hard to believe the same choices with these rare issues eminated from the same expert level artist. Act 3 needed some refining and polishing if the artist can try to see that objectively-- as there's so much on display that's great when it's not cluttered with less complimentary sounds.  A-

I DO WANT TO AND LOOK FORWARD TO REVIEWING CD 2 WHEN I GET A CHANCE AND MAY ADD THAT AS A NEW POST WHEN I DO...

CONCLUSION

This COSMIC / SPACE DOUBLE GOA album is terrific. It's actually one of the strongest Goa albums I've heard in years along with Khetzal's Etamines (that I still have to comment on / review) and VERY few others. Unlike 2021's Artifact303 - From the Stars which is how I became aware of this artist/album on Bandcamp-- and while From the Stars showcased some greatness... Fiery Dawn's Lost Astronaut (album) is NOT afraid to take risks and get more expansive, imaginative, wild, edgy, and into PURE Goa-Trance-- and even attempt to push the boundaries. This artist has improved substantially since his earlier work. The is his defining album, chock full of wonderful collaborations with strong Goa artists, some of whom haven't delivered (for me, to this degree) in many years. One of my ONLY constructive criticisms is that the second album (featuring down/mid-tempo Goa tracks) has some songs that could have been more developed, improved, satisfying. A few seem to run out of ideas early (could have used more work), where as others feel more consistent, strong and complete, as reflected on CD1. Speaking of CD1, while the first two songs are good and simply (understandingly) less energetic and exciting compared to what follows, I would have loved them to be a little more intriguing and engaging considering how strong the album is. They are good songs nonetheless, and for those who roll through the first two solid tracks ride, you're in for a much bigger treat. When writing reviews, many of you know me for expressing any and every genuine thought and reaction that comes to mind. All in all, what a strong, underrated COSMIC / INTERGALACTIC and DARKLY EXCITiNG, EDGY, and ATMOSPHERIC PURE GOA album, and what a surprise for Goa listeners. While not perfect and what is, this develops into one of the strongest Goa albums of the 21st century > how I feel after hearing this album over and over again (day and night, exercise and chilling out) for the past 1-2 weeks. It's so well done. Albums this strong rarely happen anymore. To the artist: Thank you for your amazing, passionate, imaginative, and visionary contrition and risk-taking! Despite a few nitpicks and some constructive feedback, at some point after the first two tracks (and after letting it grow on me), I really love this album, ESPECIALLY the crazy explosively cosmic and richly/darkly melodic, atmospheric, and FUN (!!!) CD 1. Fuck YES!!!

HIGHLIGHTS

CD1 -- 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11  (Almost all of them!)

CD2 --

A- --->   9/10

Bandcamp:  https://globalsect.bandcamp.com/album/fiery-dawn-lost-astronaut

• Like 1