2021 = 2 Songs - 21 Years

RTP

Psynews is 21 years old meanwhile (since the 11th of January to be precise) and I only now think of this game :D

(it really didn't occur to me at the 20th :P ... but anyway, 21 years is harder than 20 anyways :D )

... but I hope it's a good one!

Same Artist, please! Otherwise I'd easily find 2 tracks that are 21 years apart...

So ... can you come up with any tracks from the same artist that are 21 years apart?

Re-releases don't count imo. And I'd appreciate if you also don't list stuff that just was in the basement for 20 years before it got released ... I'd like to picture an "organic image" how the sound changed :P

My take is Shiva Chandra:

1996:

2017:

heh, so much for that "organic image" :P

Sure, *Yey, Let's all have as many cocktails in celebration of Psynews' 21st B-day til we collaps!! 'Woho!* :wub:

1997 july

2018 July

Oh but in all siriusness, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :ph34r: 

Ps. Shouldn't the topic read more like '2021 = 2 Songs ~ 21 Years' instead of '2021 = 2 Songs - 21 Years'?  ;b .. j/k

Wow! Some awesome ones there! And some artists didn't even change that much - MWNN for example ("Candyfloss Corona", what a title :P ) ... and BotFB and Shpongle both evolved rather organically. Of course new production technology and also new sounds coming from more modern equipment, but it's amazing to hear that.

Total Eclipse ... I didn't really get that "Batman Special" thing, but it's funny :D ... thanks for the congrats @psytones

Electric Universe has developed into "formula" territory imo, but to be fair, he did that already some time ago.

Just curious - are there any more that changed _drastically_?

2 hours ago, Multi-Media said:

I did not know ChivaC is still active but that could easily be another artist... or the "brox" has this influence ..(?)

Well, he (Shiva Chandra) is not so active anymore, but yes he does a lot with Brox - and I don't know if Brox is the main influencer for this new style - I actually don't believe it, because this new side was shining through more and more in his own stuff ... but Brox is a "catalyst" for sure that accelerates the trend :D

And I have another one - S-RANGE:

1999:

2020:

it's only a remix though and no completely new tune - but nevertheless I think it has enough characteristic to picture the change :)

19 hours ago, technosomy said:

try this one for size, now this is interesting

forgot to mention this ... yep, that was a beautiful example ... and I didn't even know Spiral Trax signed them :P

Hoooray for psynews B) @RTPI think also those promotional teasers are funny ^^ and the track it self is catchy, so much I bought it a while back. 
https://atyss.bandcamp.com/track/total-eclipse-vs-atyss-batman-special @RTPabout Cali. Sun. the Prusky guy released EPs and albums all over Geomagnetic Label Group, who owns Spiral Trax, Ovnimoon, Timewarp, to mention a few labels under it's umberella .. ..Heck, Cal. Sun. even through a manager contacted KER. But we disagreed on the contract. 

Edited by psytones

10 minutes ago, psytones said:

Hoooray for psynews B) @RTPI think also those promotional teasers are funny ^^ and the track it self is catchy, so much I bought it a while back. 
https://atyss.bandcamp.com/track/total-eclipse-vs-atyss-batman-special @RTPabout Cali. Sun. the Prusky guy released EPs and albums all over Geomagnetic Label Group, who owns Spiral Trax, Ovnimoon, Timewarp, to mention a few labels under it's umberella .. ..Heck, Cal. Sun. even through a manager contacted KER. But we disagreed on the contract. 

Ah, I was just irritated because of the short vids, didn't know the Batman track - it's hilarious :D

Spiral Trax ... indeed, it says "Joined the @Geomagnetic Music Network in 2015" ... I totally overslept that.

Too bad you disagreed on the contract ... but nice to hear there was some contact :)

By the way, O M G is the geomagnetic.tv website a trip down memory lane ... links to Saikosounds, Wirikuta, Psybuy ... and more ... that's some 21 years ago stuff too, isn't it? :D

I figured, but I didn't want to post just a link when your post had showing YT videos! Yes is awasom. Actually, GEO- as a music label is 20 years this year! Hurra to them as well. https://geomagneticrecords.bandcamp.com/album/geomagnetic-vol-1-by-doctor-spook-ocelot-geocd001-2001 But yes as a thing, video makers.. They are older:) *them being Dr. Spook, as oCeLoT left that building long time ago. I'm not 100% sure about the details, but I think Geomagnetic also owns Psyshop.com and Psyshop Distribution now. I'm actually gonna move KER's current Distribution provider to them in some months or so .. contact contract :D yes agreed!:) Prusky actually enjoyed Material Music's releases, you see *blink* .. Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na... XXXXXX! 

@psytonesyou're doing quite well for a relatively young label - and it's impressive what's going on with Material Music ... all the best :)

Thanks s lot. I'd spice it up with some macabre humour and say that I'm doing quite well for a crappy label :) MM, yes for sure, that was the whole point, to help him because noone else cared. Speaking of XXPSY management activity (hi i'm kind of a child of psynews, so this bladder should be o.k.), A1ON (yeah, his new name.. i will revisit the thread you know 'amanita xx names' and provide my cent) almost (for real) got a release on Zenon Records' Fuck With The Android Remix competition. And his upcoming EP, they could have released T1 on it, but we're not gonna divide his EP so will try to shop it off to his dream label Iboga, or to Merkaba Music where I think it belongs. If all fail we'll buy it quality Mastering and release it on Kali Earth rec.

• Like 1

@psytones: Your label is "Kali Earth" ? Someone posted a link to some tracks from this, was quite ok. IIRC it was somewhat darker sound too?

@RTP "Electric Universe has developed into "formula" territory imo, but to be fair, he did that already some time ago." you said.... Boris had also this project Paradise Connection IIRC. This was quite good, perhaps he should go a bit more in this direction again....

21 hours ago, Trolsk said:

Astral Projection - Solid Electronics - 1998

Astral Projection featuring Raja Ram - Dance is the Answer

Good one!

The new track is actually quite nice :)

I admit that I began to give Raja Ram a sort of "free ticket for cheese" (I'm not gonna be a superfan of him, but I find it amazing that he's still around) ... that isn't even necessary...

On 2/21/2021 at 12:51 PM, Paul Eye said:

Mindfield - Ten Years After (1996)

"this video is not available anymore because the account associated with it has been cancelled"

You must mean that one:

but other than that, yes, I second your expression ... hmmm...