R.I.P Gilbert Thévenet AKA Asia 2001

technosomy

Am deeply saddened by hearing the news today we lost another goa legend, you know him by many aliases (around 30 in fact)
He needs no introduction as was one of the founding fathers of our movement, if any of you youngins out there don't know his music check it out and pay some respects today.
while in the latter years he went very quiet and surrounded by some controvesy including an imposter touring pretending to be him.
i have fond memories when ebay came along and getting up in the wee hours of the morning here in australia trying to last minute buy his first few albums as were hard to get here or anywhere, and i even bought loren-x off joske from suntrip many moons ago who is a huge fan and am sure will be blasting some of his tunes today (thanks bro)

will always be remembered for his legendary unique floating melodies for  decades with so many great tracks and albums, in fact some even reissued on suntrip.
heres one of my many favs, hope you all pay some respect today
R.I.P Gilbert forever immortalized thankyou for your great spirit vibrations x

• Like 1

Oh yes, I am a huge fan... And thats the reason why we re-released Psykadelia, who is his ultimate masterpiece imo...

Unfortunately he was sick since 2010. He had Parkinson. He still played on some parties... in 2013 on one of mine in Belgium, and it was already hard for him to press play and eat normally. I think his last gig was in 2016 in Israel. Unfortunately he never recovered of this disease and now we can only remember and honour him by playing his music and oh yes... we will. 

He also one of those VERY few artists that managed to make only good tracks for years!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Anoebis said:

Oh yes, I am a huge fan... And thats the reason why we re-released Psykadelia, who is his ultimate masterpiece imo...

Unfortunately he was sick since 2010. He had Parkinson. He still played on some parties... in 2013 on one of mine in Belgium, and it was already hard for him to press play and eat normally. I think his last gig was in 2016 in Israel. Unfortunately he never recovered of this disease and now we can only remember and honour him by playing his music and oh yes... we will. 

He also one of those VERY few artists that managed to make only good tracks for years!

had no idea was parkinsons was kept very quiet, and i agree right up to abduction had some great tracks but yes psykadelia was indeed his ultimate and i see you still have some copies for sale!! i can't beleive that didn't sell out years ago, anyone reading this buy it!!! in fact i checking mine now as if worn out might just buy another no doubt once people hear of his death as usual values go up

On 2/9/2021 at 12:38 AM, Anoebis said:

As a young Goa head I got in touch with his music through the re-release of Psykadelia and still love to listen to his music, especially his best track Flirt Filter

RIP Asia 2001, your music transcended generations.