the 90s trance-dance nostalgia thread

astralprojection

When I think of the 90s, the first things that come to my mind are Paul Van Dyk and Love Parade :D

Here's both:

... but the 90s had so many other great stuff.

Utah Saints ... I didn't know them in the 90s, shame on me, but that doesn't matter, just am an even bigger fan now:

But being totally honest, in the early 90ies I neither knew Paul Van Dyk, nor any other trance artist ... this shit is what we listened to because it was played on our radio.

and be honest: it's not good, but I say it is so off the charts that it's already good again ... compared to this even Texas Faggot isn't that mad :D

Most what I did know in the 90s of trance and techno was on Dream Dance compilations and Future Trance, although that was even later.

This one stuck especially:

But my REAL techno and trance obsession started with Mauro Picotto, in the early 00s ... which is not part of this thread anymore...

• 2 months later...
On 11/21/2020 at 12:59 AM, RTP said:

Most what I did know in the 90s of trance and techno was on Dream Dance compilations and Future Trance, although that was even later.

This one stuck especially:

This Dance2Trance was one of my faves in the 90ties or so, I also bought some of these compilations there was perhaps 1/3 or so listenable stuff most was cheese. There was a radio show I believe which played techno/trance stuff (I mean in the normal radio back in the days!) called "RPR"

There I got some of the earlier ideas incl this track, I treasured the tape which had the radio show with this track quite a bit I remember still...and edit, it was a mix ca. 8mins from "Dance To Trance" not the short one you posted.

-.otherwise it was U96 and Der General or Der weiße Hai for "rave-techno" or such stuff which was crossovered from "new beat" and even EBM and I was becomming a big EBM fan mid/end of the 90ties when someone lend me the sampler "This is ebm" . It went so far I sold 70-80% of my metal records, which is quite sad now, as some of them were double albums with somewhat limited edition, perhaps Ride The Lighning and Master OP have some collectors value these days...

Funny thing is I listened to some new (also dark) techno and find these older tracks still superior LOL 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

12th planet by Richi M was one of my fav songs back then. :) I really loved his sense of melodies and his use of the TB-303 in that song. A classic Swedish artist for sure, I wonder what happened to him? I haven’t heard anything new from him for couple of years. His Popcorn remix was nice as well.

On 11/19/2020 at 1:34 PM, astralprojection said:

there has to be some meaning to the feeling of nostalgia, no? either way sometimes when you feel like youre about to just end it all, the feeling of nostalgia really does help you get grounded and come back into some sort of meaning

See above post.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2021 at 12:02 PM, Mergi said:

I tend to come back to this one all the time for some reason...

Classic Swedish stuff. :) I also like how for a brief moment in time, there was an overlap between Goa Trance and this commercial Club sound. With some remix works between for example Miranda and Antiloop. And also with I Savastano, who was really a House/Club music guy anyhow, before and after his short forays into Goa Trance. The idea that club music could overlap rather seamlessly with the Goa Trance sound, is still rather fascinating. I'm not sure why something similar isn't happening today, except perhaps within full-on music. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/17/2021 at 1:31 PM, AstralSphinx said:

Classic Swedish stuff. :) I also like how for a brief moment in time, there was an overlap between Goa Trance and this commercial Club sound. With some remix works between for example Miranda and Antiloop. And also with I Savastano, who was really a House/Club music guy anyhow, before and after his short forays into Goa Trance. The idea that club music could overlap rather seamlessly with the Goa Trance sound, is still rather fascinating. I'm not sure why something similar isn't happening today, except perhaps within full-on music. 

yep, there was a common theme in swe between for example richi m, antiloop, miranda, earthbound, pinocchio. it was a cool time when the radio actually played this type of stuff.

• Like 1