Kadonneet maat

This can be removed if it's too far from the forum focus, but I thought some people might be interested since I know there's many fans on this forum.

Bandcamp album page.

After three and half years, it is finally done! My new album under a completely new project name, Kadonneet maat (Lost Lands). The style is some kind of atmospheric techno with some trance influences I guess, which I can't completely escape.

It is absolutely the most detailed and carefully built album I have ever made, the amount of work I put into the details and polishing was almost daunting. There's more about the process on my website (aavepyora.com). I am really happy with the result, every track is a mini-universe of sound where you can lose yourself, like one kind soul described it to me :)

a0065036729_10.jpg

Thanks! I have got superbly good reviews so far, I'm really happy that the hundreds of hours of work seemed to have paid off in the end and the whole story works out something like I intended.

It is always a bit exciting to start out a new project from scratch, especially since according to FB Audience insights there is very little crossover in my existing FB fanbase at least into the kind of soft melodic techno this is proably most closely related like Four Tet, Jon Hopkins, etc. So leveraging that crowd is not an automatic success either. I have to care about such things, because these days things tend to get forgotten in ten days, which would be a shame after almost four years of work :D

I think you really outdid yourself on this one! Genre-defying brilliantly detailed psychedelia with a very authentic sound. It's probably one of the best albums I've heard these past few years, I tip my hat to you!

On 11/11/2020 at 10:56 PM, Taika-Kim said:

Thanks! I have got superbly good reviews so far, I'm really happy that the hundreds of hours of work seemed to have paid off in the end and the whole story works out something like I intended.

It is always a bit exciting to start out a new project from scratch, especially since according to FB Audience insights there is very little crossover in my existing FB fanbase at least into the kind of soft melodic techno this is proably most closely related like Four Tet, Jon Hopkins, etc. So leveraging that crowd is not an automatic success either. I have to care about such things, because these days things tend to get forgotten in ten days, which would be a shame after almost four years of work :D

none of your music will ever be forgotten bro, 20 years on am still listening, just give us time to digest your new sound (won't take long)