ZNA 2022 (updated!)

the goa constrictor

I'd love to go but at the moment I have so many financial issues and worries that planning more than a month ahead seems impossible.

If I manage to make it through the next 2 months and depending on how my finances are (and what forecasts I can make) I might get a presale beginning of the new year and start looking for tickets. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Trunksan said:

They announced UX vs Slide a few days ago. 

Yeah I saw that too. I seriously have no idea how they (or who) managed to persuade Pete Martin to play. I was under the impression that he said something like 20 years ago that he'll "never ever touch anything trance ever again" (or somethng along those lines).
Let's see what my finances looke like next year, this is so tempting since Pete is among my favourite oldschool artists.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paul Eye said:

Yeah I saw that too. I seriously have no idea how they (or who) managed to persuade Pete Martin to play. I was under the impression that he said something like 20 years ago that he'll "never ever touch anything trance ever again" (or somethng along those lines).
Let's see what my finances looke like next year, this is so tempting since Pete is among my favourite oldschool artists.

been plenty others who have said the same thing, who have made comeback also
time does truly heal

you guys so lucky to have this sort of thing, because i can't be vaccinated looks like will never be let out of australia

13 hours ago, Paul Eye said:

Now I'm just waiting for them to announce that Process will be playing a live producer set :D

That would be sweet. I've heard Sean DJ but he played very few of his tracks, so it wasn't realy a Process set

UX vs Slide, wow. That's fantastic news. I'll be there unless something unexpected happens.

Process would be a dream come true, I've never herd him play. He played in Aalborg, DK, twenty something years ago I think. But I didn't go to that party sadly. He is brilliant. While the dreaming is going on, I want Doof also. =))

The line up at ZNA is great as always. Cydonia, Technossomy, Prana, Synchro, Cosmosis and more.

On 7/10/2021 at 3:03 AM, Paul Eye said:

I don't think they persuaded him yet. 

I'll just quote their post in facebook event. 

Our good friend and retro-futuristic supporter Kris Kylven aka UX / Syb Unity Nettwerk / Element Over Nature (to name a few) got the rights from Pete Martin aka Slide to design this unique and amazing act - as Kylven was involved back in the days in many of Slide's tracks, although uncredited -, which will be exclusively presented at ZNA Gathering's next edition.

That's right, a deep journey through the vast musical catalogue of UX and Slide awaits you at ZNA! But there's more - since we were forced to postpone our gathering to next year, we now have a slight chance of Kylven bringing some company (besides his UX partner Bo Ian Wook) into our retro-futuristic stage... by none other than Pete aka Slide (UX co-founder) himself.

18 minutes ago, kicma said:

I don't think they persuaded him yet. 

I'll just quote their post in facebook event. 

Ah yes, I just re-read the Instagram post I picked up the info from, and they did use the same text there too. I must have been too tired when I read that (not exactly a surprise you know). Still, this is a nice addition.

And I'm still kinda bummed that I missed UX at ZNA 2015. Or rather, I was so tired I could barely stand up when UX started. I had no choice but to go to sleep.

Process recently had a baby and might be sitting this out but I've spoken highly of this festival to him and if Pete's playing, maybe he'll be tempted enough to join in.

He isn't nearly as anti-trance as others, just finds it kinda limited and enjoys doing other things.

• Like 2

I've already started dreaming of ZNA.
Possibly in a couple of months it will start becoming reality: booking tickets, flghts, cars, hotel.

This time I reckon I'll land in Porto and explore the North before heading to the fest. It will also be like an early honeymoon, since, if all goes well, my wedding will be 3rd September.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 5:27 AM, Trunksan said:

I've already started dreaming of ZNA.
Possibly in a couple of months it will start becoming reality: booking tickets, flghts, cars, hotel.

This time I reckon I'll land in Porto and explore the North before heading to the fest. It will also be like an early honeymoon, since, if all goes well, my wedding will be 3rd September.

Me too!

Getting married in June and then gonna visit some mates overseas in August during our honeymoon travels and hit up the festival as part of that =)

Very excited for all of it

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Would have been nice but last winter and spring were a complete train wreck in so many ways. Too much stress and uncertainty to plan any trips. I already missed one rare event which was postponed twice from 2020. When it finally happened this summer, I couldn't make it. Bummer. :mellow:

I only managed to fix my vacation days (and some of my plans) a week or two ago. Now I'm mostly decompressing at home and visiting a few local events later. We can hope that 2023 is finally the real year of travelling with less of this nonsense and chaos. Anyway, good luck and sunny days to everyone who is going already this year. :)

Juno, Dino, Cydonia and Deedrah. Damn, thats a good start for the big dancefloor. =)) As always I will miss some acts, but I need some sleep.

I have to book hotel in Lisbon before and after the festival. Other than that I'm good to go. I will travel to Spain on Monday, going back Saturday. Then work for two weeks and then, ZNA!!!!