Old progressive thread

recursion loop

On 9/1/2020 at 6:18 PM, MikroMakro said:

yeah that was a good one, I knew this track for a long time ... used it as a comedown / chiller after sports...

@recursion loop and @Padmapani the track "Accessoire" is 7 years old actually, since it was posted on Human Blue's own Soundcloud 7 years ago, which I - funnily enough - only just realized :D
Actually there's more there aswell:

There he's also writing something about a new album ... but I don't really buy these news. It was the same with S-Range ... there's no new album legally out till now...
But we have to be thankful to Bakke and Iboga Records that this Human Blue track is finally released...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RTP said:

@recursion loop and @Padmapani the track "Accessoire" is 7 years old actually, since it was posted on Human Blue's own Soundcloud 7 years ago, which I - funnily enough - only just realized :D
Actually there's more there aswell:

There he's also writing something about a new album ... but I don't really buy these news. It was the same with S-Range ... there's no new album legally out till now...
But we have to be thankful to Bakke and Iboga Records that this Human Blue track is finally released...

Some really good tracks in  there! Hope the rest of them will be released too at some point

Hehe ... yeah, I do hope that too!
And maybe we even will be a little bit lucky. However, I don't wanna wake hopes in you that don't work out in the end. In case I get to know something, I'll surely post it here though :)

• 2 months later...

Today I found this one just lying around on Prex' official Soundcloud account - unreleased to my knowledge ... did you know about this?

and its awesome B)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Found this guy recently ... good old progressive mixes :wub:

That's exactly like I had it in the days, proper and good ... people were not standing around on the floor, but dancing - there were no video walls or laser-lit decorations but plain good fluoro backdrops and maybe a bit of flashing spotlights somewhere ... people were often happy, mostly friendly and almost always relaxed - I felt comfortable to just let everything else be for a few hours, dance my butt off and have fun - didn't even drink much because mostly I was already tanked from a prior evening with friends in the city, switched to water some time through the night, went home some time in the morning, birds chirping and - the best: the music continued in my head after I went out, it went on as I went home, sometimes it went on for hours in my head, in a few cases even for more than a day. New tracks manifested in my sleep - stuff that never was heard by anyone but by me who made it up in my head ... it felt good, natural - I thought for sometime even that that is the purpose of this music!

Nowadays there's so many breaks and pauses in the tracks that this feeling does not grow inside me anymore. But maybe the breaks are needed for the teenies to shoot some selfies - "uh look friends how cool I am I am going to a Goa Party" - gimme a break ... oh no, there's another one. At least the decos are nice, far more than the amateurish paintings of the past - attractive to look at, but at the same time I don't really know what to make of it, the "cozy" atmosphere of the paintings feels kinda gone...
The alternative? Go to the Hitech floor - where the visuals at least meet my memories (dark room, backdrops, people moving) - but the sound is so fast, I become just irritated, giddiness begins, I laugh hysterically and have to sod off, it's unbearable for me to be there any longer than a few minutes ... and the only fun thing afterwards is how slow the music on the mainfloor sounds after I was in there...

Well. Somebody give the scene a handclap. It was better. It's not just ramblings. It really was.

Gosh, I remember ... in the past the "second floor" was the chill floor. Where people socialized, relaxed, slept ... awesome. Gone now :D

Old Progressive please don't die :P

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

One of my all-time favs. Amazing track! 

And more Andromeda

And yet another one. Very hypnotic track with deep and lush atmosphere - that's basically what I think progressive should be ...

Interesting that it's the only psytrance track made by this guy, for what I know. He seems to be mostly focused on chillout (not even psychill).

2003 was a really great year. We had Pure Analog and Lime Structure.

a bit ahead of their times cause back then I was kinda still missing goa trance. But a few years later i realised just how good progressive (and fullon) can be.

this one is Purple Floating although the youtube says Indian Summer

Although i feel ive made this exact comment before :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Took me till today to find this (gonna pretend that the underrated-ness of the track is responsible for that), but indeed, Magnetrixx is also still alive - or at least he was in 2019, which is still quite recent:

I think Didgeridoo is a fabulous track ... what do you think?

• Like 1

I used to like Beat Bizarre a lot, yes ... and he's still around as a solo project (at least he released something last year)

Beat Bizarre's Lewd is being remastered and will come out soon again ....  :-)

Also Tegma, Solid Snake, Perfect Stranger, Tetrameth, Ticon or AKD were high on my progressive psy list .....

As for recent, I really like Captain Hook!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUnrQngUfoQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij-dgQDsv8U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEO2M9MUafc

On 4/27/2021 at 10:44 PM, RTP said:

Took me till today to find this (gonna pretend that the underrated-ness of the track is responsible for that), but indeed, Magnetrixx is also still alive - or at least he was in 2019, which is still quite recent:

I think Didgeridoo is a fabulous track ... what do you think?

nice track. thanks for reminding me of magnetrixx. haven't heard anything from him in a long time. (i just had to check, you're right and i'm wrong in thinking that magnetrixx was a woman ;) )

19 hours ago, mephistopheles said:

Beat Bizarre's Lewd is being remastered and will come out soon again ....  :-)

Wow, that's great news ... do you know if there's going to be a physical one?
(Because I don't have it in physical :P )

15 hours ago, Padmapani said:

nice track. thanks for reminding me of magnetrixx. haven't heard anything from him in a long time. (i just had to check, you're right and i'm wrong in thinking that magnetrixx was a woman ;) )

You probably meant MORGANIXX.

There's Magnetrixx = Stefan Lewin himself
and Morganixx = Stefan & Heike

although some Magnetrixx tracks are also made by both of them ... so you can't go by that rule of thumb either :P

Oh and don't forget Autiomatrixx = Magnetrixx and Audiomatic :D

2 hours ago, RTP said:

You probably meant MORGANIXX.

There's Magnetrixx = Stefan Lewin himself
and Morganixx = Stefan & Heike

although some Magnetrixx tracks are also made by both of them ... so you can't go by that rule of thumb either :P

Oh and don't forget Autiomatrixx = Magnetrixx and Audiomatic :D

i remember being at a party (afair there was either magnetrixx or audiomatrixx on the lineup) and there was a woman up there playing at that timeslot. maybe i remember it wrong or they put the wrong alias there on the lineup ;)

7 hours ago, Padmapani said:

i remember being at a party (afair there was either magnetrixx or audiomatrixx on the lineup) and there was a woman up there playing at that timeslot. maybe i remember it wrong or they put the wrong alias there on the lineup ;)

I saw them and it were the two of them ... the gig was advertised as Magnetrixx and Morganixx on the lineup though, I believe.

But in your case it could have been that Stefan was sick and Heike just played the set alone ... she's a DJane after all (Morgana)...

20 hours ago, RTP said:

I saw them and it were the two of them ... the gig was advertised as Magnetrixx and Morganixx on the lineup though, I believe.

But in your case it could have been that Stefan was sick and Heike just played the set alone ... she's a DJane after all (Morgana)...

could be. i just found the party at goabase (praise them for staying online and keeping the records) and it was just advertised as magnetrixx.

but in the reports there is "danke an stefan und heike" so she was there for sure :)

• 4 months later...

ok, this is not old progressive ... but you guys might still be interested as the guy behind is 12 Moons ... which should be pretty well known in this thread :)

• Like 1

Dear moderator. Then why post it here (& there).. Yes i understand why, you wrote why. If you have self interest (label worx), you should maybe not mod. As it can quickly become an issue of self interest. Anyways, it's nice that you share your love and support. Don't mind me too much.

#assrant-out

I have always had high love for this that i truly concider to be proto Zenon Records music: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Dragon-Tales-3/release/470780

It was not that long after Tatsu Recordings closed it's doors that Zenon opened theirs. If the Sound Quality was better back then maybe Tatsu would still be around. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/13/2021 at 10:20 AM, trancedigital said:

@RTP Can you please re-post or link to the old progressive mixes. Your original post seems to be missing this information. Thank you :)

That must have been Procter, from Soundcloud ... he just changed his name AGAIN, which is why the links are dead :P

If you met him, tell him he should not do that so often :rolleyes: